ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Cracker Barrel

Let’s all meet there for breakfast in the morning and discuss this at length over stacks of pancakes with syrup, large scoops of hash brown casserole, several strips of bacon, and scrambled eggs. Oh and don’t forget the biscuits and gravy. Who’s with me? 👍

-goodnight sweet prince
Go Blazing Saddles GIF

I’m a big Cracker Barrel fan. Just polished off a vegetable plate. Usually do breakfast plates though

Hate to see then being all fake racist and stuff.
WTH. Who goes to CB to get veggies? I don’t think I’ve had anything other than breakfast there.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
I always get an Uncle Herschel. Mostly because I actually had an Uncle Herschel. Then I go home and fall asleep in my recliner. Ah, the good life.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I’ll try any greasy diner before I hit up that place. Cracker Barrel is to old people what McDonald’s is to kids.

Edit: I can’t imagine how stale those crackers would be by the time you got to the bottom of a barrel. If I open a package I have to put them in a ziplock bag or they’re inedible overnight.
Nah son. I'm in my 30s. Cracker Barrel chicken and dumplings are GOATed.

I’m a big Cracker Barrel fan. Just polished off a vegetable plate. Usually do breakfast plates though

Hate to see then being all fake racist and stuff.
If I go for lunch or dinner then I get the vegetable plate (mashed potatoes no gravy, corn, green beans, and greens) w/cornbread then I add two pancakes on the side.

They'll have to take my biscuits and sawmill gravy from my cold dead hands.
I can't stand breakfast gravy from any restaurant. When you grow up on gravy made from bacon grease, flour, and milk on homemade biscuits then it ruins you forever on biscuits and gravy from anywhere else as it doesn't come close to what you're used to.

Now the pancakes, that's a different story...

If I’m to believe the museum in St. Augustine, immigrants to Florida were called crackers due to it being their staple food. It wasn’t a great museum so I dunno.

^Makes sense as we called the British "limeys" because in WW1 when our troops would come across one of their bodies they'd have their daily ration of limes scattered around which they were issued to ward off scurvy.

Can something be racist if no one even knows what it means or sees the hidden meaning?

Reactions: blubo
I can't stand breakfast gravy from any restaurant. When you grow up on gravy made from bacon grease, flour, and milk on homemade biscuits then it ruins you forever on biscuits and gravy from anywhere else as it doesn't come close to what you're used to.

Now the pancakes, that's a different story...
Damn straight. Bacon grease and/or sausage grease, ( although the sausage had best be real country sausage, not 99% of the crap sold in the supermarkets marketed as such.)

I was lucky to be raised by parents who were themselves raised back in the day, "country". As such, my grandmother and mother are/were, incredible cooks.

About twice a month I make my son and I country gravy and biscuits, and while I really like Cracker Barrell's catfish dinner, and breakfast, their gravy is shit compared to mine.:)

Damn straight. Bacon grease and/or sausage grease, ( although the sausage had best be real country sausage, not 99% of the crap sold in the supermarkets marketed as such.)

I was lucky to be raised by parents who were themselves raised back in the day, "country". As such, my grandmother and mother are/were, incredible cooks.

About twice a month I make my son and I country gravy and biscuits, and while I really like Cracker Barrell's catfish dinner, and breakfast, their gravy is shit compared to mine.:)
I think the correct word is southern. I was raised the same. Two southern mothers. My grandma has the thickest southern accent ive ever heard. When my mom went to California, they thought she was from Mississippi. Lmao.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT