ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Coolio

Kool-Aid-Man.jpg
Oh no!

Man, this country is going to H E Double toothpicks. We can't take this any longer.

What a talent. He will be missed.

So long, little buddy.

Cornholion_in_Holy_Cornholio.jpg
This is probably the only post in any of these stupid death threads that I've actually laughed out loud at.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Impressed the hell out of me when he won an episode of Fear Factor years ago. Go to the 32 minute mark where he walks around a circular structure hanging 100 feet in the air. RIP.

Fare thee well, my sickeningly sweet friend from the 70's...

I used to love these things until one hot June day back in Virginia, when I stopped at a little store to get something to drink and grabbed a lemon Coolie from the cooler. I paid for it, and on the way back to the car, I shook it up, opened it, turned it up and a spoiled, gelatinous mess spilled into my mouth. The "best by" date on it was November of the previous year. I never touched another one after that.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Impressed the hell out of me when he won an episode of Fear Factor years ago. Go to the 32 minute mark where he walks around a circular structure hanging 100 feet in the air. RIP.

Kinda eerie. Chyna, Kelly, and Coolio all died within the last few years. Is this more proof that Donnie is the devil?

shock-g-digital-underground-rapper-2006-credit-jerome-ware-zuma-press-alamy@2000x1270-696x442.jpg
I

Where will we ever get lyrics like this again?

Oh yes, ladies, I'm really bein' sincere
'Cause in a 69 my humpty nose will tickle ya rear
My nose is big, uh-uh I'm not ashamed
Big like a pickle, I'm still gettin' paid
I get laid by the ladies, ya know I'm in charge
Both how I'm livin' and my nose is large
I get stupid, I shoot an arrow like Cupid
I'll use a word that don't mean nothin', like looptid
I sang on Doowhutchalike, and if ya missed it
I'm the one who said, "Just grab 'em in the biscuits"
Also told ya that I like to bite
Well, yeah, I guess it's obvious, I also like to write
All ya had to do was give Humpty a chance
And now I'm gonna do my dance

Excuse me for not being in the know of all things Pop Culture, but, seriously, who the f*** is Coolio? If he actually had his 15 minutes of fame, when were they - 1995?

Excuse me for not being in the know of all things Pop Culture, but, seriously, who the f*** is Coolio? If he actually had his 15 minutes of fame, when were they - 1995?
His Grammy winning song "Gangsters Paradise" (1995) is considered to be one of the top 100 rap songs of all time according to VH1. One hit wonder but it was a big hit and was featured in the movie Dangerous Minds starring Michelle Pheiffer. I am not a big rap fan but like that song.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhDcat2018
Gangsta's Paradise. Is that the place you go to get 76 virgins? And maybe a blunt or two?

shock-g-digital-underground-rapper-2006-credit-jerome-ware-zuma-press-alamy@2000x1270-696x442.jpg
I

Where will we ever get lyrics like this again?

Oh yes, ladies, I'm really bein' sincere
'Cause in a 69 my humpty nose will tickle ya rear
My nose is big, uh-uh I'm not ashamed
Big like a pickle, I'm still gettin' paid
I get laid by the ladies, ya know I'm in charge
Both how I'm livin' and my nose is large
I get stupid, I shoot an arrow like Cupid
I'll use a word that don't mean nothin', like looptid
I sang on Doowhutchalike, and if ya missed it
I'm the one who said, "Just grab 'em in the biscuits"
Also told ya that I like to bite
Well, yeah, I guess it's obvious, I also like to write
All ya had to do was give Humpty a chance
And now I'm gonna do my dance
Funny. But that is Shock G, aka Humpty Hump. Humpty died from a fentanyl OD a few years back. They put fentanyl in everything.

His Grammy winning song "Gangsters Paradise" (1995) is considered to be one of the top 100 rap songs of all time according to VH1. One hit wonder but it was a big hit and was featured in the movie Dangerous Minds starring Michelle Pheiffer. I am not a big rap fan but like that song.

Showing my age, but I've yet to hear an entire rap song. Just cannot stand to listen to any of that crap. It physically causes such a bad reaction that I can't turn it off quickly enough. So, in my almost assuredly misinformed opinion, 'one of the top 100 rap songs of all time' is not something I'd aspire to. Before this thread, I'd honestly never heard of Coolio nor 'Gangsters Paradise'. Love these types of threads, though.

There's music out there for every taste and no one's taste in music is wrong.

Reactions: DSmith21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT