ADVERTISEMENT

Richie Saunders staying at BYU

8th man?We have 3 players 2 of whom have never played a minute of college ball.

Come on dude. You're smart enough to know better.

You know this guy was not going to be a starter, he was a 7th or 8th man at best. You're just being dramatic and negative for the sake of being dramatic and negative.

It was very, very clear if this guy came here, he'd be a bench/role guy. Regardless of how many players are on the roster as of today.

Sounds like a return to BYU means he'll be a starter and a key piece.

Also now with the addition of Brooks and anyone he might be bringing, that writing may have just been on the wall for him.

You know this guy was not going to be a starter, he was a 7th or 8th man at best. You're just being dramatic and negative for the sake of being dramatic and negative.

It was very, very clear if this guy came here, he'd be a bench/role guy. Regardless of how many players are on the roster as of today.

Also now with the addition of Brooks and anyone he might be bringing, that writing may have just been on the wall for him.
Well we will all see soon enough.

Dude I know you like Pope but call me when he actually signs some good players.Saunders also visited.
No im just not gonna panic when the portal gets good players entering every day and there are still big fish to enter. Kentucky will get players and good ones, missing on Saunders isn’t worth freaking out over

He’s a Mormon Utah guy. This isn’t shocking at all. He can be the guy at BYU and they have a really good coach coming in that sold him on playing time. Plus like I said he’s Mormon, not shocking.

UK doesn’t have anything to worry about. The chips will fall how they should. This kid means nothing, he was just going to be a good bench piece. Those are all over the portal, better actually.

Well if we want to react to rumors there is one out there that broooks is gonna get tre Johnson here. Missing on Saunders isn’t worth getting up set at. Between now and may 1st plenty of good players will enter and pope has damn near Reached out to everybody

All of these players handlers know who is in the portal and the scuttlebut on where they most likely will end up at. With the NIL it is big business to know and still 5 days left for big fish to enter the portal. It's going to be a wild 5 days.

probably has to do with his religion and having a wife. next man up.

He had 2 options. Coming to UK and staying at BYU. Some convictions are stronger than others. Best of luck to the young man and his family.

Reactions: wardlow
Not a big loss… LOTS of players at Saunders position/ type in the portal. Pope is recruiting in VOLUME…I like his Pope’s recruiting style.

Very excited about Coach Pope and quite happy Cal has moved on. I think we will be fine, but I will admit I get bit more nervous each day when I see good portal players finding a new home, and we have yet to score with exception of Williams. I am hoping for good news after the weekend and truly believe the new coaching staff and hard work put in by Coach Pope will pay off. We just need a couple of dominoes to fall our way.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
There are ZERO rumors about tre Johnson and Alvin Brooks. The rumors are about Tre Johnson and BAYLOR. drew just hired tre’s high school coach as his assistant to replace brooks. Come on, man.
No they are about Johnson to Kentucky as well, brooks was the reason Johnson was gonna go to Baylor in the first place, the rumors are there

Not getting a guy from his system, who entered the transfer portal, only to return to BYU stings(you have 13 spots as a whole), but it does make sense. Quite the culture difference between what Saunders is used to and what he would have had to adapt to in Lexington. It's not like he went somewhere other than BYU or UK.

On to the next.

hey worst case scenario if Pope fails spectacularly is the board and Cap might actually fire Barnhart and hire a basketball AD . But what I do know , is if we just land D Smith and Oweh, we already have a team of 5 capable of winning more than 9 games lol (ugh i wish Cal was fired immediately for that 9 win season)

Not getting a guy from his system, who entered the transfer portal, only to return to BYU stings, but it does make sense. Quite the culture difference between what Saunders is used to and what he would have had to adapt to in Lexington. It's not like he went somewhere other than BYU or UK.

On to the next.
Yep, he'd be tempted with a normal college experience at UK. It's hard to leave a comfort he grew up in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT