ADVERTISEMENT

Richie Saunders on Campus

Saunders was the spark off the bench for BYU. Scored in double figures 16 times last season. Watch his video's, he plays super hard all the time and is a physical player. Can get to the basket and hit tough shots also. Shot about 50% last season and rebounds well, think it was around 4 a game? At 6-5, he is strong going to the rim and can finish. Has two years left to play. Is married, so a really mature person. Looks like he would be a big get for us with all the things he offers. How many players play that hard, with that much heart and produces?
Watching some of BYU games I was impressed with the hustle of Saunders.

Last edited:
He is a perfect fit for what Coach Pope wants out of a player!! He's already proven himself as a TEAM FIRST kid from how he was used at BYU. We will need kids like this to get back to the top!!

Has great size, can shoot, hustles and plays at a high enough level that there is very little drop off when he enters the game. The quotes about him from Coach Pope make me happy that he will most likely be a Cat!!

How confident are you, JPF, about the Osobor info ? I sure hope we get him. I think he's a near-perfect compliment to Amari Williams. And I also REALLY like that some posters on this board have referred to Osobor as "a bigger Chuck Hayes" ! ! !
[/QUOTE
They broke the Chuck Hayes mold. A very special guy.

Reactions: ORCAT10
Any recent news on Brea and any rumblings of UK recruiting Hall?
Everyone is after Brea. Duke, Illinois, and Arizona are all recruiting him heavily.

No news on Hall, but we didn't know about Saunders until today, so it wouldn't surprise me if Pope locks Hall up for depth.

In 1244 minutes he's only committed 39 turnovers. Can score around the rim. Solid free throw rate and decent free throw shooter.

In the B12 last season he shot 50% from the field including 18 of 49 from the 3pt line for 36.7%
Double digit points in 15 of 34 games and 9 more games of at least 8 points. Only started 1 game.

This guy is a very competent bench guy that can start in a pinch if he had to and could be looking at having a breakout season. Athletically he showed he could play in a top 6 conference last season. He was 7th in efficiency in the entire B12 with a PER of 21.2 and ranked 1st in turnover% at 5.3

I'm hoping he signs with UK, and that it opens up the floodgate for 3 or 4 more guys from BYU to head this way, particularly Robinson.

Reactions: mattrudd
First thing that jumps off is he has an extremely quick release. Handles the ball ok, had some nice finishes at the basket. I think he could fit here!

• Love
Reactions: mattrudd
How confident are you, JPF, about the Osobor info ? I sure hope we get him. I think he's a near-perfect compliment to Amari Williams. And I also REALLY like that some posters on this board have referred to Osobor as "a bigger Chuck Hayes" ! ! !
I kind of think Williams and Osobor compare to Magloire and Hayes. I'd take that!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT