ADVERTISEMENT

Richie Saunders on Campus

“How can you not love Richie Saunders, right? We say (this) about (several) guys, but he literally only knows one speed,” coach Mark Pope said. “He can’t slow it down. He can’t turn it off. Like, he is really special. You talk about a guy that vomits his whole heart and soul on the floor every single game. That’s pretty cool.

“There is no coach in America that would not do anything they could to get Richie Saunders on their roster,” Pope continued. “You know exactly what you are getting intensity and energy-wise every single game. ... To have a guy with that motor that is that constant and never goes away is pretty special.”

“How can you not love Richie Saunders, right? We say (this) about (several) guys, but he literally only knows one speed,” coach Mark Pope said. “He can’t slow it down. He can’t turn it off. Like, he is really special. You talk about a guy that vomits his whole heart and soul on the floor every single game. That’s pretty cool.

“There is no coach in America that would not do anything they could to get Richie Saunders on their roster,” Pope continued. “You know exactly what you are getting intensity and energy-wise every single game. ... To have a guy with that motor that is that constant and never goes away is pretty special
Saunders was the spark off the bench for BYU. Scored in double figures 16 times last season. Watch his video's, he plays super hard all the time and is a physical player. Can get to the basket and hit tough shots also. Shot about 50% last season and rebounds well, think it was around 4 a game? At 6-5, he is strong going to the rim and can finish. Has two years left to play. Is married, so a really mature person. Looks like he would be a big get for us with all the things he offers. How many players play that hard, with that much heart and produces?

I really like Richie and think he’d be a great bench addition. While he’ll be a junior next year, you have to remember he’s older due to serving a two year mission. To further illustrate this he’s already married to a former BYU player. Seems to be really mature and have a great personality off the court. Has shown success(and comfort) with being a bench player his career. He also probably saves us on our NIL budget.

I've heard about Osobor committing "soon." Who all have you heard? Small and Brea fell off the grid as far as I can tell.
How confident are you, JPF, about the Osobor info ? I sure hope we get him. I think he's a near-perfect compliment to Amari Williams. And I also REALLY like that some posters on this board have referred to Osobor as "a bigger Chuck Hayes" ! ! !

I really like Richie and think he’d be a great bench addition. While he’ll be a junior next year, you have to remember he’s older due to serving a two year mission. To further illustrate this he’s already married to a former BYU player. Seems to be really mature and have a great personality off the court. Has shown success(and comfort) with being a bench player his career. He also probably saves us on our NIL budget.
Hope he does land him,
Read a story on him where he set up gumball machines, filled them full of birdseed and fed all the ducks around BYU campus lol

Reactions: BlueVoodoo
We need quality depth. His stats look solid, but I have not seen him play. Would like to look up some highlights to get a feel for his game.

Would love for him to join regardless of what his tape looks like though. He’s the type of player that won’t scare away any players looking for starter roles but good enough to contribute. We are in need of role players just as much as we are starters right now.

How confident are you, JPF, about the Osobor info ? I sure hope we get him. I think he's a near-perfect compliment to Amari Williams. And I also REALLY like that some posters on this board have referred to Osobor as "a bigger Chuck Hayes" ! ! !
I have no reason to doubt the guy from Twitter. He's come onto the scene recently and was in on Pope's hiring and Amari's commitment before anyone else I saw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT