ADVERTISEMENT

Reported permanent opponents

TCurtis75

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
Not sure who this guy is but he tweeted this today. While I hate losing the yearly game against UT, all in all this should be considered a win.

I assumed the permanent opponents would be the same across all sports

I doubt it.

Idk what they are doing with men's basketball. I assume if it stays at 18 games, they will just have 3 permanent as they do now but incorporate Texas and OU into that.

UK will probably keep Florida, UT and vandy as their 3 permanent rivals and play everyone else once a season, rotating home and away every other season.

If this is it we got the draw of a lifetime. It’s only two games a season but we couldn’t have asked for any friendlier.

We'll be doing a 1 or 3 game permanent in football so not sure what the baseball schedule has to do with that

I see permanent opponents list that includes Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vandy. That’s more than 2 teams. Am I dumb?
They aren’t pods. For example, USC and Vandy have UK as a common opponent, but USC’s second common opponent is Florida and Vandy’s is UT. The first team listed in the graphics is showing who their permanent opponents are. So, for UK, it’s USC and Vandy.

Reactions: cmallory4121
They aren’t pods. For example, USC and Vandy have UK as a common opponent, but USC’s second common opponent is Florida and Vandy’s is UT. The first team listed in the graphics is showing who their permanent opponents are. So, for UK, it’s USC and Vandy.
How will the SEC Championship work? Just the top 2 like in the ACC this year?

We don't know. Negotiations are still on going. Once again, that is the baseball schedule. It has absolutely nothing to do with football.

It's really silly that they haven't figured out schedules yet given it's been a year+ since it was known there would be 16 teams in 2024. I know the AD's think it's rocket science, but that's why they're just AD's. They don't have anything better to do.

It's really silly that they haven't figured out schedules yet given it's been a year+ since it was known there would be 16 teams in 2024. I know the AD's think it's rocket science, but that's why they're just AD's. They don't have anything better to do.
They are too busy fixing the JCPS bus schedule to get to it. It'll be fine. Looking forward to our game against Oxford next year. I think our second permanent opponent will be Cambridge.

Saban finding out his perm 3 were Auburn, Knoxville, LSU caused him to reverse course. His minions like Kirby & Kiffin followed along as the good little boys for daddy, and whole 9 game sched died.

So now the SEC is stuck with 16 teams playing 8 conference games, for a long long time.

Saban finding out his perm 3 were Auburn, Knoxville, LSU caused him to reverse course. His minions like Kirby & Kiffin followed along as the good little boys for daddy, and whole 9 game sched died.

So now the SEC is stuck with 16 teams playing 8 conference games, for a long long time.
Imagine if Mitch hadn’t been afraid to see CMS play an extra league game. 9 games goes through before bama gets a chance to start calling their own shots, Kentucky has their $9m man who’s excited to get an extra shot at the big dogs he’s desperately chasing, could have changed the entire course of CFB history.

Stoops, Mitch and UK are his minions too I guess because UK was afraid of 9 as well.

Saban may not even be coaching in 2025 so I doubt his reach or his give a damn is as important n this as you think.

Not sure why you chose to put Kirby into the group want 8 conference games. UGA has played 10 P5 games a year for several years. Had them scheduled this year.

Stoops, Mitch and UK are his minions too I guess because UK was afraid of 9 as well.

Saban may not even be coaching in 2025 so I doubt his reach or his give a damn is as important n this as you think.
UK and Stoops were consistent in opposing 9 league games

Saban is a hypocrite because he always talked about wanting 9 or even 10....but when the rubber hit the road? He turned tail, and you are quite delusional if you think his voice had no impact.

Reactions: The-Hack
UK and Stoops were consistent in opposing 9 league games

Saban is a hypocrite because he always talked about wanting 9 or even 10....but when the rubber hit the road? He turned tail, and you are quite delusional if you think his voice had no impact.

It doesn't really matter. 9 is inevitable IMO and Saban probably won't be here when it happens.

He is just 1 coach of 16 programs. No one should care more about his opinion than Stoops or vandys coach. And he already plays lsu, auburn and UT every year and dominates. Idk what his gripe is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT