ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Delonte West

DSmith21

All-SEC
Mar 27, 2012
Great guard from St. Joseph's who went on to have a decent NBA career. Wow, has he hit rock bottom at age 32 while blowing through $16 million in career earnings.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-lot-without-shoes-wearing-hospital-gown.html

th

Last edited:
just a sad story all the way around. it's not over either. you got to pray for a troubled man like that, but bipolar disorder is a painful reality. i wonder the drug history.

Mentally ill, been that way since playing days, amazing a guy can go through the NBA and never get the proper treatment.

Back in 2009, West was arrested in Maryland while driving his three-wheeled Can-Am Spyder motorcycle after he cut off a police car.

Officers who searched him discovered a Remington 870 shotgun inside a guitar case strapped to his back, as well as a 9mm Beretta handgun and a .357 Magnum in his pockets.

Officers also found an eight-and-a-half inch Bowie knife

Moron and clinically Mentally Ill/Bipolar are quite different there bud. Clearly youve never known anyone in the latter..

Slam magazine excerpt from his playing days on an 'ideal valentine's day date' :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“So, I pick her up in my white convertible. From there, I’d have the music pumping on the radio. The Jim Jones pumping, you know, ‘Summer in Miami’ song pumping. Got to keep a little gangsta, you can’t be too soft. You can’t be in there playing some guy that’s crying, talking about don’t leave me and love me baby, wah wah and all that. So Jim Jones pumping and then from there, wind blowing through the hair, boom, we get straight to the point — we eat afterwards because I don’t want to kiss no onions. I don’t want to kiss you tasting like onions and steak and mushrooms and everything.”

“Yeah, we’re going to my yacht. We’ll pull up at the docks and got a guy waiting for us, open our door up and we walk down a lit-up dock and onto the yacht, where we have dinner set up on the boat and we just cruise out on the water. Sit down and have some dinner, some shrimps and steaks, keep it nice and breezy. Pop some bottles, some Moet Rose. The red Moet, we ain’t popping no Kristal, it tastes like urination. We ain’t popping no Kris, that’s $500 a bottle. It ain’t that serious. It ain’t going to get you drunk. Make sure you put that in there. We ain’t doing a $500 bottle, we’re doing a $99 wine and dine.”

“OK, so from there, we’re doing a midnight skinny-dipping jump. Alright? From there, hopefully she’s got money because I hope Jaws gets her, boom, make sure she got me in the will, bank, I’m good. Oh well, shark got her! Jaws got her. Nah, we ain’t going there.”

“One more thing: When we’re on the yacht eating, we’re going to have some Popeyes chicken. That’s for dinner. It’s to let her know, put a mental image on her mind, first and foremost, if you ain’t from the hood, you don’t like Popeyes chicken. Everyone there loves Popeyes chicken and the biscuits — phew. But that’s just getting it on her mind, saying, you know, ‘Yeah, I can wine and dine you, but I’m a little rough around the edges and I’m keeping it real with you. I can be romantic, but this is real, we’re going to eat some chicken tonight. Chicken and biscuits.”

Tragic that he has to suffer with mental illness -- but he sounds very, very dangerous to innocent people, based on the arsenal he was carrying during that arrest when driving the three-wheeler. That would have been enough to get most people locked up for about five years.
I pack about 3 guns on me at any given moment,, lol.. Always two on my persons and one in the vehicle somewhere..

That dude was fishing off the company pier. When your fishing for something as an all time great like lebrons mom, you've gone well far past the line and are in restricted waters. What dumb ass goes to those lengths? I'm surprised lebron or someone from his entrouage didn't beat the hell out of him. That was his pitino that led to his rock bottom. I hope he can find something to provide for his kids but I don't see that happening in the near distant future

such as?

it was made up

"Basketball Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy took to the airwaves Wednesday night and became the most high-profile person to date to back the rumors. "It ain't no rumor," he told a Houston ESPN Radio station, calling the claims "absolutely true" and "absolutely horrifying." He went on:

"Unfortunately, my sources in the NBA tell me that it's absolutely true. My sources, and they're legit, tell me that the only people that didn't know it was happening was LeBron and me."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/20/calvin-murphy-lebron-jame_n_583135.html

“I named my son Cash after Cashius Clay and Johnny Cash…His middle name is Delonete but I didn’t want to name him Delonte West Jr. just because of that… I don’t want my son going to school and people making fun of him for something his daddy did, “Oh didn’t yo daddy have sex with LeBron James mama?’ Man, I don’t want to deal with all that . . . “

http://atlantadailyworld.com/2014/08/09/delonte-west-confirms-he-slept-with-lebron-james-mother/

in context, the west quote amounts to nothing. the existence of the rumor is enough for a hypothetical schoolkid to taunt delonte west jr about it irrespective of its veracity

calvin murphy is a weirdo, at best

the deadspin piece chalking the rumor up as chain e-mail made-up nonsense is more persuasive than one non-journalist (and possible child predator) claiming to know from his "sources" after the fact

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT