ADVERTISEMENT

Rehashing one more time

Wildcat40229

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2022
I just watched a you tube video with Josh Pate and he touched on the UK/SC game. He said this, not word for word. Mark Stoops had the A&M job, but it was squashed at the last moment. Now, how can a head coach go into a locker room and ask the players to fight for you, when you were willing to walk away from them just a few months ago? I've said this a couple of times on here, but during the 1st quarter, I looked at my wife and said we were going to lose. I saw no fight or enthusiasm in the team, I saw multiyear players playing as though it was their first game.
I'm glad we hired Stoops, but he has not been the same person/coach as he was 4 years ago, we peaked in 2021. Maybe it was his divorce, maybe he has gotten too comfortable or maybe he has just lost this team due to his flirtation with other schools. I saw his post press conference and someone asked if the players quit and Stoops got upset and didn't answer, but they have or it appeared as though they have and that will be hard to overcome.
If they play this way, the rest of the season, we may beat Ohio and Murray State, but that would be about it and we will be starting over once again. I'm in my 60's and I'm tired of starting over again and again. I'm tired of people saying, it's Kentucky what do you expect? I do expect to see players fight until the end. I do expect Kentucky to be consistent. About 75% of this team were 4 stars coming out of high school. I'm afraid this coming portal opening will be brutal, then what will we do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.