ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves redux

I am super excited to see him in this offense with all the weapons UK has at their disposal. Last year he had to create (or at least try to create) for himself and the team so frequently, which doesn't fit the way he plays.

With how solid and deep UKs backcourt is, and their ability to create, Reeves should thrive this year (not saying he didn't play well last year, was just kind of forced into a role that didn't fit his style).

Would also like to see Reeves play a little better/more consistently on the defensive end as well. Seemed like he either got beat backdoor once a game, or blown by off the dribble (but let's be honest, that was virtually the whole team's modus operandi last year defensively haha).

I am super excited to see him in this offense with all the weapons UK has at their disposal. Last year he had to create (or at least try to create) for himself and the team so frequently, which doesn't fit the way he plays.

With how solid and deep UKs backcourt is, and their ability to create, Reeves should thrive this year (not saying he didn't play well last year, was just kind of forced into a role that didn't fit his style).

Would also like to see Reeves play a little better/more consistently on the defensive end as well. Seemed like he either got beat backdoor once a game, or blown by off the dribble (but let's be honest, that was virtually the whole team's modus operandi last year defensively haha).
Yep! Dude is gonna light it up this season, with all our other weapons. This is gonna be a very difficult team to defend IMO. The big question will be whether we can defend at an elite level or not. IMO, we will be fine in that department eventually. Go Cats!

Yep! Dude is gonna light it up this season, with all our other weapons. This is gonna be a very difficult team to defend IMO. The big question will be whether we can defend at an elite level or not. IMO, we will be fine in that department eventually. Go Cats!
Absolutely. Already preparing myself for the "he sucks" and "he should've left" posts after he has his first poor shooting night of the season, lol.

There were literally hundreds of posts about "1-15 against Kansas State", "Not good enough anyways", "Shooter who can't shoot"...that was absolutely a narrative on this board for WEEKS.
That's because a high percentage of people posting here are either morons or they are fans of other teams trying to stir up stuff. And a bunch are both of those things.

There were literally hundreds of posts about "1-15 against Kansas State", "Not good enough anyways", "Shooter who can't shoot"...that was absolutely a narrative on this board for WEEKS.
You're suggesting that people were wrong about him shooting UK out of that game? You think he's a fantastic shooter because he came back (had no choice, and tried to go elsewhere) and you liked what you saw in some exhibition games? He very well could turn the corner and put this team on his back, but you can't possibly blame fans for not being enamored with Reeves. I hope he proves everyone wrong.

You're suggesting that people were wrong about him shooting UK out of that game? You think he's a fantastic shooter because he came back (had no choice, and tried to go elsewhere) and you liked what you saw in some exhibition games? He very well could turn the corner and put this team on his back, but you can't possibly blame fans for not being enamored with Reeves. I hope he proves everyone wrong.
Who else was gonna take shots?! Lulz

"You're suggesting that people were wrong about him shooting UK out of that game?"
- What?? When did I say that? I said people who did not want Reeves to come back at all because of that 1 game- reading comprehension.

And I didn't "like what I saw in some exhibition games"....I like what I saw from him ALL SEASON LAST YEAR. Dude led the SEC in 3pt shooting and was SEC 6th man of the year- and some people, some how, tried to spin like it would be a BAD thing that he returned?!

I can absolutely, 1,000% blame fans who did not want Reeves back because of 1 bad game, and you are absolutely outside of your mind if you think otherwise, or if you try to claim that people weren't saying that.

Reeves showed all season long that he was a great shooter/scorer/offensive threat, and that we would 1,000% benefit from his return.

The fans on here hoping he would move on or continually posting "1/15" to justify their opinions were absolutely, unequivocally wrong.

So yes, I can absolutely "blame" people for having such a bad opinion and being so vocal about it for weeks on here.

Last edited:
Hope he lights Kansas the fvck up! Really want to win that game. Champions Classic will be lit this season. All 4 teams should be top 10 teams, maybe top 5. Kentucky will be lowest ranked, but has the most talent of the 4 IMO. Will most likely be right around 15 to begin season. Here’s to hoping we are at full strength for the beginning of the season.

Hope he lights Kansas the fvck up! Really want to win that game. Champions Classic will be lit this season. All 4 teams should be top 10 teams, maybe top 5. Kentucky will be lowest ranked, but has the most talent of the 4 IMO. Will most likely be right around 15 to begin season. Here’s to hoping we are at full strength for the beginning of the season.

I think it's actually really important that we win that game.

Not only will it set the tone for the rest of the season, but if we start around 15th and lose that early, we probably drop into the low 20s.

Lose one more game (Gonzaga, UNC, etc.) and we might risk dropping out altogether and having to play catchup all-year for our seed position in March.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but a win like this on the resume that early would go a long, long way!

We need to be a 1 seed or a 2 seed.

I think it's actually really important that we win that game.

Not only will it set the tone for the rest of the season, but if we start around 15th and lose that early, we probably drop into the low 20s.

Lose one more game (Gonzaga, UNC, etc.) and we might risk dropping out altogether and having to play catchup all-year for our seed position in March.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but a win like this on the resume that early would go a long, long way!

We need to be a 1 seed or a 2 seed.
Exactly. Many people claim preseason rankings don’t matter. This is true to an extent. Like you said, IF you can win, especially early, it doesn’t matter much. However, IF you lose some early games, you then must play catch-up to be able to get a good seed and draw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT