ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves is an All-American!!

My brother in Erdtree, he was our leading scorer against Kansas. We lost that game because we had no answer for Dickerson or whatever the hell his name is.
We also lost that game because Reeves went 7/25 from the field, 3/17 from deep. And his biggest cheerleaders still try to point to that as a good game.

“Reeves-haters” is a bit strong. I still don’t trust him against legit competition. The evidence from last year has been laid out time and time again. So far this year, we’ve not played many good teams. Against the two surefire tournament teams, he was again underwhelming.

But I will say this, he has worked on attacking the paint and using the floater and has done a great job as the season has progressed of taking better shots. Haven’t seen a step-back three in a while. I just hope he can do this against top tier teams, under pressure, in March.
So who are the two ncaa teams we’ve played thet he was underwhelmed?

Kansas 24 pts… but took 25 shots to get it
Miami - 18 pts and shot great
Unc - 9 pts… not a great game
Florida on road. - 19 pts and shot well
Texas am on road- 22 pts and shot great

So just like last year..to make a case reeves pads stats vs scrubs and fades vs good teams you have to be very selective in your stats to build your argument. And for the players that you argue are the better players….completely ignore their bad games

Silly stuff to be fair…dude is our go to guy along with Mitchell night in and night out

But did he really? Or is he just playing with better guys around him.

Last year reeves played with Oscar in paint , Cason at point (but not a great playmaker at Pg) and Livingston and Toppin who ran from the ball with poor skill sets at Sf snd Pf. Pretty much non existent bench.

Reeves had to play with the ball a ton and teams could cheat their defense to him and basically not guard Livingston and Toppin. And when he had a bad shooting game vs Kansas St he was hammered…yet Livingston was praised for running away from shots….just fans complaining and Reeves took the bullets

This year rhe floor is spaced, Lanes are open to drive ….if teams trap rhe ball …reeves csn swing it to Reed or Mitchell vs Livingston or Toppin
Some of both IMO. He’s definitely added a confident drive game to his repertoire. Defense can no longer just play him for the outside shot. He’s a 3 level scorer now.

That's not why we lost. We lost because their center had a hundred points and a hundred rebounds.

Yeah, did you notice that used the word “also” chief?

So in your simplistic way of thinking, with silly exaggeration included, it boils down to a single issue? Their center? That’s the sole reason? Seems rational.

Lots of dudes that have sock accounts, but I’m not one. Hint: they’re all Cal lovers.

I’m not going to enjoy it one bit if Reeves shoots us out of the tourney again. The “I told you so” isn’t enjoyable. I want us to cut down the nets. Hopefully when that game(s) happens, Cal recognizes it immediately and cuts his minutes.
I don’t think we will see Reeves shoot us out of the tourney again mostly because he knows we have many other capable shooters. Last year we didn’t. If he’s off and knows it he will rely more on driving to the basket or deferring to the other shooters on the team. He did take 17 attempts against KU early in the year but that was before we all knew what we really had to work with in games. Has only taken double digit threes once since then with 10 at A&M making 5 of them.

Reactions: Kuhldaddy
So who are the two ncaa teams we’ve played thet he was underwhelmed?

Kansas 24 pts… but took 25 shots to get it
Miami - 18 pts and shot great
Unc - 9 pts… not a great game
Florida on road. - 19 pts and shot well
Texas am on road- 22 pts and shot great

So just like last year..to make a case reeves pads stats vs scrubs and fades vs good teams you have to be very selective in your stats to build your argument. And for the players that you argue are the better players….completely ignore their bad games

Silly stuff to be fair…dude is our go to guy along with Mitchell night in and night out
Who do you think are the two NCAA tourney teams on that list? It will be objectively true in a few weeks. But here they are: KU and UNC. And there you are listing his points against KU as is they make a 7/25, 3/17 3FG night anything but awful 🤣

Miami and Florida and A&M aren’t legit. And you know that.

So in your simplistic way of thinking, with silly exaggeration included, it boils down to a single issue? Their center? That’s the sole reason? Seems rational.
We had zero big men. 21 foot of ballplayer on the bench in a game where we played one of the best centers in the country. I think that’s why we lost. But then again I don’t have a pride factor to protect regarding reeves.

That game? Yeah. We lost a close one because we had nothing for their center.

• Haha
Reactions: CincyUKFan
I don’t think we will see Reeves shoot us out of the tourney again mostly because he knows we have many other capable shooters. Last year we didn’t. If he’s off and knows it he will rely more on driving to the basket or deferring to the other shooters on the team. He did take 17 attempts against KU early in the year but that was before we all knew what we really had to work with in games. Has only taken double digit threes once since then with 10 at A&M making 5 of them.
Yeah. The nice thing is that Cal can sit his ass on the bench if his defense is a liability or if his shots aren’t falling - and we have other guys who can go off.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Yeah. The nice thing is that Cal can sit his ass on the bench if his defense is a liability or if his shots aren’t falling - and we have other guys who can go off.
Yeah. I’m all for all of our guys, but Reeves has been streaky in the past. Seems to have worked through that a bit more, but he has to show in the tourney.

I'd venture to say that when the vets (Tre, Antonio, Ugonna, Adou) are on their game, this team is virtually impossible to beat.

Then add a 20 year-old, 7' Euro with ball skills to that mix. Too scary for the SEC. 😨

Reactions: ukfan041
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT