ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves a second rounder in latest espn mock draft

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t see how there wouldn’t be a spot in the NBA for a guy like AR. I think he can carve out a decent little 8-10 year career.
Can somebody with a better grasp on the intangibles and what it takes to be successful in the NBA, please 'Splain to me what a guy like Tyler Herro brings to the table that Antonio Reeves doesn't. Herro is a blossoming All-Star. not saying that Reeves will ever be that, but They are about the same size, both are shooters, Reeves added some mid-range and penetration to his game. What makes Herro an All-Star that Reeves doesn't have? Defense?

Can somebody with a better grasp on the intangibles and what it takes to be successful in the NBA, please 'Splain to me what a guy like Tyler Herro brings to the table that Antonio Reeves doesn't. Herro is a blossoming All-Star. not saying that Reeves will ever be that, but They are about the same size, both are shooters, Reeves added some mid-range and penetration to his game. What makes Herro an All-Star that Reeves doesn't have? Defense?

I would say Tyler is a better athlete and defender but I think of Jodie Meeks and how he added to his game that led to him having an 9-10 year NBA career. Very similar players in my opinion, in more ways than one.

Will be a 2nd round steal for someone. Hope he goes to Celtics where they really value the 3 and uptempo play which would suit Antonio well. Not sure he'll drop that far in draft for them to take a chance. Anyone have an idea how far down in 2nd round he's projected?

Great news for Reeves! Where Is Rob and Reed projecting as of now? Last I checked they were still in the top 7. TIA!
Latest I saw is Reed to Houston at #3 if they keep the pick. Apparently some teams want to trade into that pick if Clingan is still on the board. So that could cause him to fall to Spurs at #4 or Hornets at #6 (Please God no!).

As for Rob, I’ve seen as high as #6 to Hornets and as low as #14 to Portland. Which would be the final lottery selection.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Reeves was the fifth most efficient offensive player in the SEC, but the 11th worst on defense. Say what you will about defense in the NBA, but that's why he's only being mocked in the second round.

Reactions: NociHTTP

Good for Antonio. There's always room for shooters in The Association and he had a heck of a year last season. He improved a ton from the previous year where he was just a shooter.

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t see how there wouldn’t be a spot in the NBA for a guy like AR. I think he can carve out a decent little 8-10 year career.
I look at a guy like Reggie Bullock, who has played over a decade now, and I see Reeves as a better version of that guy. Bullock is a career 38% three point shooter who's averaged about 7 points/game over his career.

Reeves is a better shooter. He also showed he can rebound in traffic this last season at Kentucky.

I think a long career in the NBA for Reeves is something that wouldn't surprise many folks in BBN. If Mychal Mulder can find a niche in the league, so can Reeves.

Reactions: ORCAT

Herro is younger (was younger), a lot more athletic and had higher upside. I’d also say defense was another issue, Herro can actually guard. But the age was the biggest factor, with Herro getting drafted in his teens.

If Reeved was 4 years younger and played average defense he’d be in the 1st round. Not that I agree with it, the NBA sucks because of how they draft. But they don’t want 24 year olds who’ve maxed their potential.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Rob, Reed and Reaves....Triple R. Two lottery and one 2nd round draft pick. Who knows.....maybe we can win an SEC or NCAA tournament game with those three.
Cal:
Hey I have an idea. Let's Never play those three together.

Reactions: Killswitch24
That was all on Calipari because he had talks with Ohio St and others and did not have the team ready to play.
I read on another thread the comment once again about Reed playing lousy in that last game. I watched some of it again (as painful as that can be). I have said it before and watching again you can not convince me that Reed's instruction was not get it to the post. He hardly took any shots and there was little action to free him up (which wasn't unique all season anyway). But, there was so much concentrated effort to pass the ball to the interior versus the offense displayed most of the year. I don't believe there was any other reason that what was occurring wasn't based upon Cal's game plan. It was certainly Cal's M.O for almost his entire coaching career. Lost the year before for almost the same exact reason.

Rob, Reed and Reaves....Triple R. Two lottery and one 2nd round draft pick. Who knows.....maybe we can win an SEC or NCAA tournament game with those three.
Cal:
Hey I have an idea. Let's Never play those three together.
Do we know how many minutes per game we averaged with those 3 on the floor together?
At most we could have played them together maybe 20mpg (due to only having 1 other guard, and Rob's foul problem). More importantly, we should have had at least 2 of those 3 shooters on the floor at all times.

Reactions: sambowieshin
The NBA hates age so you have to eliminate most or all of the other question marks.
Antonio isn't a plus NBA athlete, his defense is just okay, and he isn't a big or particularly marketable personality so he gets dinged.

If he was 20 he'd probably have been taken over Knect because of upside potential but probably should be looked at at least similarly anyway as no strong arguments spring to mind that it is dramatically otherwise other than Tennessee depended on him more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT