ADVERTISEMENT

Reed Sheppard goes 3rd to the Houston Rockets

I am extremely happy for him and his family. Hope he succeeds hits a max deal in 4 years and wins awards and title. This guy just became a Rockets fan

I was really hoping he'd fall to the Spurs at 4 though. Him and Wemby would have been a good duo. Plus there was a pretty clear path for Reed to start early.

Rockets have a lot of young talent though, but also a lot of guards/wings to limit Reed's PT.

sheppard.png

Can't wait! Probably get this for Christmas, but going to get a T-shirt jersey asap.

Hoping the Rockets maybe grab Reeves, just because he's got a lot of experience, and they sort of need it. WOuld be the perfect sharp-shooter to play with the 2nd unit and not take up really any salary.

I am genuinely happy for the young man and hope he has a terrific career in the NBA.

If someone had told me at the beginning of the year that Reed would be drafted 3rd, I would have predicted UK in the Final Four.

I truly feel bad for him and UK, going to the FF would have been a tremendous storyline for UK, Reed, and us fans.

Go get 'em Reed.

Rockets have a lot of young talent though, but also a lot of guards/wings to limit Reed's PT.
I don't think he'll be limited at all. VanVleet gets hurt every season and usually sits about 10-20 games. Amen Thompson can finally be moved into the forward rotation where he belongs instead of playing de facto backup PG. Jalen Green has a firm spot at SG, but he's not an efficient scorer with how many threes he misses. There's plenty of immediate playing time for Reed.

Reactions: AGEE11
So here's my take on Reed so far: He continually proves the naysayers wrong. I too was skeptical back in the day. That was until I watched him play against elite talent as the experts would call it. He was and is one of the best players on the court. NBA will be his final challenge and I fully expect him to succeed. To me...he reminds me of a John Paxson type of player. Nothing extremely flashy...just solid fundamentals that are so needed in any game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT