ADVERTISEMENT

Reed only took 1 shot tonight and didn’t score

The response from the team coming together at the end says it all. I think we're way to focused on who is starting and what not. Reed struggled mightily on defense today and persevered when given his shot at the end. Cal also made the right call and took out Reeves when he did a poor job on the switch in OT.

The response from the team coming together at the end says it all. I think we're way to focused on who is starting and what not. Reed struggled mightily on defense today and persevered when given his shot at the end. Cal also made the right call and took out Reeves when he did a poor job on the switch in OT.
I thought he played great defense tonight.

I think he made a concerted effort to get Wagner going and it worked. Also when Reed had that steal and turned it over Wagner was the first person to hug him. These players get along and don’t care who scores. I love that. We have more problems with them than they do with each other.

Reed has problems on D when the other team is in their haft court sets . Idk how many times he got burnt.
He will improve, he has great instincts but everyone got burned and a lack of shot blockers is the cause for some of it. Not communicating on switching is another, I’d love to see us not switch while the bigs are out.

I think he made a concerted effort to get Wagner going and it worked. Also when Reed had that steal and turned it over Wagner was the first person to hug him. These players get along and don’t care who scores. I love that. We have more problems with them than they do with each other.
I agree completely. Every year we seem to manufacture some sort of drama between the players. The end of OT was super encouraging to see the comradery.

Meanwhile Cal’s fanboys telling us how great Wagner was in a game where he was the most inefficient offensive player on the court and played hero ball throughout.

He should never be taking 17 shots.
OK.

Again, you say We can't decided DJ is good after a night vs St. Joe's. I concede that point. We'll agree.

But you're here to tell me that the guy with 22 and 6 was more of the problem tonight than the guy who went for zero and 4?

I’m just saying we might not struggle to win the game in OT if Reed shoots the ball more than once. Some of you act like we were playing a top ten team. Cal is the head coach so tell him to shoot the damn ball.

He will improve, he has great instincts but everyone got burned and a lack of shot blockers is the cause for some of it. Not communicating on switching is another, I’d love to see us not switch while the bigs are out.
i agree 100%, although Bradshaw isn't supposed to be a shot blocker hopefully his size and athleticism will be enough

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yup and the fact we never gave up, we actually played a good overtime for once.
This game should have been a walk in the park but as frustrating as it might be for the fans, a tight game may help them down the road. But I'm still giving Calipari a 'D' for tonight.

He got absolutely torched through most of regulation. Bad games happen and it showed maturity on his part to come back and perform the way he did in OT.

Multiple players were getting torched individually. We were up 4 when Reed went out with about 5 minutes to go, and eventually we were down 1. Whatever problems we were having defensively didn’t go away when Reed hit the bench.

To Cal’s credit, he eventually figured out that Reed needed to be on the court in winning time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT