ADVERTISEMENT

Reed gets invite to the Green Room.

Creed Bratton

All-American
May 31, 2018
Lex Town
According to ESPN the first wave of Green Room invitees were notified yesterday and Reed was one of the first 12. Surprisingly Rob wasn't in the first 12 which included Zaccharie Risacher, Alex Sarr, Donovan Clingan, Matas Buzelis, Stephon Castle, Dalton Knecht, Tidjane Salaun, Ron Holland, Cody Williams, Devin Carter and JaKobe Walter. I'm sure Rob will get his invite with the 2nd round of invitees though.

Rob will be a star in the league. I think better than every US player, except possibly Castle.

Holland (projected top 5) to me is MKG 2.0. Everything you want, EXCEPT he CAN'T SHOOT.
That's a problem, especially at SF.
I CORRECTLY predicted last year that Scoot Henderson and the Thompson twins would struggle because they couldn't shoot. The twins are both shooting <20% from 3 and <10ppg. Henderson made 32.5% of his 3's so his 14ppg was "ok".

Teams will regret not drafting Dilly. I hope at least him or Reed go to San Antonio.

GBB!
See all those Frenchmen going in the 1st round. I say this every year, and Dillingham is a good example. A few players are built up to go high then all the sudden all these foreign guys come out of nowhere.

A lot of people are weary of Bob's size in the league, and how it really forces him to the PG spot, something that he isn't.

But I think he's the type of guy to prove that this doesn't always matter. AI was of similar build coming out of college and Bob can actually be a threat from the 3.

Still, it might be why the top teams in the draft don't take him. But I'd still love it if Houston grabbed him at #3. I'm confident he's gonna be legit.

Rob was left off list ONLY because he hasn’t met mandatory requirements. (Because of minor ankle injury.)

He’s expected to complete a mandatory workout this week. Rob will be a lottery pick!

Rob was left off list ONLY because he hasn’t met mandatory requirements. (Because of minor ankle injury.)

He’s expected to complete a mandatory workout this week. Rob will be a lottery pick!
I don't think anyone said he wouldn't be a lottery pick. I said he wasn't one of the first 12 but should get invited in the next round.

Reactions: bballcat4
Imagine how much money you could have made if a year ago, you bet that Reed Sheppard would go in the Top 5. Assuming he does.

I don't think anyone said he wouldn't be a lottery pick. I said he wasn't one of the first 12 but should get invited in the next round.
I read that ESPN headline this morning (or somewhere else) and originally thought they were expecting RD not to be drafted in the lottery or top 12. After reading the entire article I realized he currently (as of this morning) doesn't qualify for a green room invite because he hasn't conducted an official workout due to the minor ankle surgery.

I knew when I saw the article many UK fans would see Rob absent from the list, or would hear it from other people without context, and think it was a list of projected top 12 picks. It was certainly my assumption until I read the article.

I think they knew how to make UK fans click on the article ;-)

I found the $2500 ticket for Reed off putting to me. He was the BBN favorite so it rubbed me wrong he would charge that much so I think I have cooled in following his career as closely for now. Having said that I hope he ends up in PHX at some point so I can see him play. I hope he gets a great contract.

The first time I saw Dillingham was in a Youtube replay of a HS All Star game. Some national all-star group vs mid-west all-stars. Dillingham was on the big name team and Reed Sheppard was on the mid-west team. Sheppard (and the mid-west team) dominated the game. Dillingham got maybe 2-3 mentions and for all practical purposes was invisible. I thought then that Dillingham was too cool for school, and I'm still not convinced that he'll excel at the pro game. The player he most wants to mimic is Allen Iverson, but Iverson had a bully aspect to his game and looked stronger than his frame. Dillingham doesn't. None of that matters, of course. If he excels, he excels. And good for him. I just wouldn't bet the farm on it happening.

A lot of people are weary of Bob's size in the league, and how it really forces him to the PG spot, something that he isn't.

But I think he's the type of guy to prove that this doesn't always matter. AI was of similar build coming out of college and Bob can actually be a threat from the 3.

Still, it might be why the top teams in the draft don't take him. But I'd still love it if Houston grabbed him at #3. I'm confident he's gonna be legit.

AI was legit 3 inches shorter than Rob who's every bit of 6'2 in shoes while AI was closer to 5'11. Defense will be the question marks but Rob is dynamic to score from anywhere regardless if he's a 1 or a 2.

AI was legit 3 inches shorter than Rob who's every bit of 6'2 in shoes while AI was closer to 5'11. Defense will be the question marks but Rob is dynamic to score from anywhere regardless if he's a 1 or a 2.

I thought they had almost the same identical measurements coming out of college, no? I guess i misread that from before.

Still, that seems to be a little what worries the NBA, is just the size. but I also agree, he's going to prove why he's worth taking in the top5-10 picks. I still kinf of want him just slightly more than Reed for my Rockets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT