ADVERTISEMENT

Reed and Perry Next Year

He keeps playing like he has and he will be a top 10 pick, maybe even top 5!!!

I don't care how much he loves UK, that is A LOT of money to turn away and risk getting injured.

Maybe Reed is more like Flopkowski at Duke and less like those players who chase the money. Reed's parent aren't hurting for money so maybe Reed just wants to enjoy some college time. Who knows.

I don't care how much he loves UK, that is A LOT of money to turn away and risk getting injured.
Small sample size. 8 games is significant, but it's a long season.

If he's still a lottery pick at the end of the season, I think most of BBN would be very happy for him if he goes pro, but that's so far from this point.

After reading that article, I feel like Stacey is going to tell him he’s not getting the full experience unless he stays 2 years. Rent him a mansion close to campus that’ll be home base for the team, he’ll be the BMOC of all BMOCs. He’s so humble and reserved he won’t even care much about it, but it’s also fulfilling his wildest dreams. He’s 6th/7th man now and even though he may end up starting this is a spread it around team. He can come back next year, let him loose and he could be the leading scorer in the country. The scary thing is, we kow he wouldn’t even try to be leading scorer, but he’s so good it could just end up happening. He’ll go for 43 one game, and 17, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 steals, 2 blocks the next. He’s probably a 25/6/6.5 stat line playing 36mpg as a Soph.

I would love to see Shep and Perry playing together, and along with the others for next years class, it could be awesome.

No. NBA drafts on potential, not current skills. His height is a liability to them. And he doesn’t have elite quickness. John Stockton if a HOF, and he would not be a lottery pick now.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
Perry is also a high IQ player and a better shooter . But he isn’t as physically gifted as Reed . He is “gritty “ and hard nosed though.
Very well said, if you had to compare him to a former player of UK, he is like a more polished Patrick Sparks which lives right down the road and doing well as I just heard from a friend of mine that is very close to the family.

No. NBA drafts on potential, not current skills. His height is a liability to them. And he doesn’t have elite quickness. John Stockton if a HOF, and he would not be a lottery pick now.
How many 3 pt shots did John Stockton ever block?????

Reed is way more athletic than anyone gives him credit for!!! NBA scouts see that. Shooting the 3 at a 66% clip will not continue, but he could finish the year at 50%. If he does, with everything else he can do, his "potential" is sky high!!!!

Reactions: UKortho
Reed ain’t coming back
I betting he is.
Perry could be a great player and not have the total basketball skill set that Reed has. Heck, there are great players on this team that do have the total basketball skill set that Reed has.

If our backcourt is shep, dilly and fland, Perry won’t be getting much run guys.

Dilly is gone. Reed will probably only stay a second year because he’s a legacy and his NIL offering will be sky high. The backcourt will be Reed as primary PG, Fland at the 2, and Perry in a Reeves type roll.

All the mock draft boards have Edwards and DJ going very high. Surprised Dilly and Shep are low on the totem pole. Keep playing the way they are, and they SHOULDN'T be, but you can never know for sure.....

Dillingham is gone. Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw, and Dillingham were basically out the door before the season started, they are typical Cal era OAD players.

Sheppard is a totally different situation. I think he comes back, for a variety of reasons (NIL, being a double legacy, being a Kentucky kid, parents financially stable, etc.).

I think we have a good chance of retaining Shep, Thiero, Burks, and Hart. Maybe Ivisic, if he doesn’t get to play or fails to break into the rotation and make an impact. Onyenso is a mystery. Will he return and battle Quaintance, Cyril, and maybe Ivisic for minutes inside? He’s not going to play much this season, IMHO. It will probably be January at the earliest before he is ready. By then, Cal will have the rotation pretty much set in stone, most likely.

Next year, it’s looking like Sheppard, Fland, Perry, Hart, and hopefully Knox or Edgecombe (maybe a Jasper Johnson or Peterson reclass) at the 1-3 spots. Thiero, Quaintance, Cyril, Burks, and maybe one of Ivisic or Onyenso at the 4-5.

Sheppard, Fland, Knox (or ?), Thiero, and Quaintance are probably the starting 5.

If Shep leaves, we probably bring in an experienced guard from the portal to provide some leadership.

If he comes back, it’s Shep’s team to lead.

Reactions: kywildcats8

This. Even if just for a couple of years, you go make your money. Then you can come home. One to two years in the NBA would have most people SET for LIFE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT