ADVERTISEMENT

Reed 7–10 threes

I don’t know what interview the other poster was referring to, but in the postgame radio interview when Reeds great play was mentioned Cal jumped in and brought up the turnovers. Then started praising Edwards, DJ, and others and started bragging about how smart he was for not giving up on Edwards. I agree with everything he said but it’s how he does it and when. It’s like he just has a bone to pick with the fanbase and has to justify himself and his decisions.
His narcissistic behavior has gotten old to me.

I don’t believe he hates Reed, but I do think he would love to see Reed go pro, so..

1. He doesn’t have to deal with him again as he knows Reed will be better than the guys he has coming in. Can’t offset the “young NBA player Godfather” routine he prides himself on. I don’t personally believe he enjoys the love he gets anyway, Calipari is the type that needs constant admiration and with Reed, this isn’t Calipari’s team or program.

2. He knows UK fans love Reed so he’ll decided to do what he always does, he’ll let us know he’s not even trying to retain Reed (I’d put money on this). His ego needs the conflict.

3. Jeff has never been a fan of Calipari and has openly taken issue with the OAD at Kentucky.

Calipari would absolutely love to see the fans and Jeff eat a crow when it comes to Reed. You can like Calipari all you like, you should still be able to see where this is probably accurate. And Calipari doesn’t value winning above other aspects, which is rare for a coach. So Reed coming back isn’t a big deal to him.

People can argue this all they like, it’s just a cover. He’s always been this way. I’d prefer to be wrong but I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
ZG-Ferns.webp

I don’t believe he hates Reed, but I do think he would love to see Reed go pro, so..

1. He doesn’t have to deal with him again as he knows Reed will be better than the guys he has coming in. Can’t offset the “young NBA player Godfather” routine he prides himself on. I don’t personally believe he enjoys the love he gets anyway, Calipari is the type that needs constant admiration and with Reed, this isn’t Calipari’s team or program.

2. He knows UK fans love Reed so he’ll decided to do what he always does, he’ll let us know he’s not even trying to retain Reed (I’d put money on this). His ego needs the conflict.

3. Jeff has never been a fan of Calipari and has openly taken issue with the OAD at Kentucky.

Calipari would absolutely love to see the fans and Jeff eat a crow when it comes to Reed. You can like Calipari all you like, you should still be able to see where this is probably accurate. And Calipari doesn’t value winning above other aspects, which is rare for a coach. So Reed coming back isn’t a big deal to him.

People can argue this all they like, it’s just a cover. He’s always been this way. I’d prefer to be wrong but I highly doubt it.
You're not wrong.

Reactions: Jeff2Reed

Mike McD had the same long winded, cockamamie nonsense. Seen him??

Sorry “Cal doesn’t like Reed” is your takeaway from the postgame. Wow. Sad stuff.
I didn't say he didn't like Reed. It's just very strange when a player scores 27 points has 5 rebounds and 6 assists and it starts talking about his turnovers. Maybe it would be a good idea to say something positive about him. It just doesn't make any sense.

I didn't say he didn't like Reed. It's just very strange when a player scores 27 points has 5 rebounds and 6 assists and it starts talking about his turnovers. Maybe it would be a good idea to say something positive about him. It just doesn't make any sense.
Since you’re agreeing with a troll that says he wants him to go pro so he doesn’t have to deal with him I rest my case. That’s stuff a 4th grader or a miserable hater would deduce. Lmao!!

The lengths some will go to in order to feed their Calipari disdain is petty and petulant at this point. Oh well, that’s tough for them since he’s recruiting well and won’t be leaving. Great night for BBN!!

Since you’re agreeing with a troll that says he wants him to go pro so he doesn’t have to deal with him I rest my case. That’s stuff a 4th grader or a miserable hater would deduce. Lmao!!

The lengths some will go to in order to feed their Calipari disdain is petty and petulant at this point. Oh well, that’s tough for them since he’s recruiting well and won’t be leaving. Great night for BBN

The lengths some will go to in order to feed their Calipari disdain is petty and petulant at this point. Oh well, that’s tough for them since he’s recruiting well and won’t be leaving. Great night for BBN!!
I just don't hang on his sack like you do. When he's wrong I point it out.

I just don't hang on his sack like you do. When he's wrong I point it out.

Nope.

There’s calling out wrongs and then there’s hatred fueled delusion. There’s a Lot of it on this board

And pretending cal hates Reed and the Sheppard family and will do everything possible to get him gone is hatred fueled delusion.

I mean if he felt that strongly then Reed either never would have been on the team or he never would’ve been given the opportunity to show out and ride the bench- and he was given that opportunity in game one. Remember, a turnover and a bone headed horrible airball at the end ?

Luckily for us and Reed and the team, cal didn’t park his rear on the bench. Pure hatred.

It’s the delusion that causes the valid arguments and criticisms against cal to fall on deaf ears. And there are some- but I’m willing to bet most UK fans would take this years team every single year.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
In the post game interview, at least three times the reporters tried to talk about Knect's 40 points and every time Barnes reponded that he needed to look for his teammates more. He never praised him at all. No coach likes those questions and to say Cal doesn't like Reed or wants him to hurry up and go pro (lmao) because he doesn't gush over him you'd have to say Barnes doesn't like Knect. It's all bunk. No coach worth a darn is going to inflate an ego. They will brag on a guy that's having a tough time but had a great game, but they won't brag on a guy thats already haviing great success.

Reactions: BBUK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT