ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Recruiting Update

Travis Graf

Jul 14, 2017
Kentucky had Mikel Brown and Chris Cenac on campus over the weekend. They’re also in the thick of it with Acaden Lewis and Caleb Wilson. Will give some updates on the latest on all of them.

Visits: UK sources believe the visits went very well, which isn’t an uncommon answer ever following an OV. They think they laid out everything well and made positive strides in the relationships.

Mikel Brown: One source with knowledge of the recruitment told me “UK is making a push” before mentioning other schools, but then mentioned Georgia Tech and Louisville as well, two schools I’ve heard a lot about with Brown. That source said “I think he and Jasper could play together”. Another source believes Alabama will make a push. Worth monitoring. Not ready to get hopes up over this one yet.

Chris Cenac: Kentucky has some more juice here than I thought. Kentucky, Houston, LSU, and Tennessee are the schools I’ve heard the most buzz about this week. Don’t want to get the hopes up of people here either.

Acaden Lewis: I only see Kentucky taking one of Brown and Lewis. Kentucky has been the talk of the town in this recruitment the last couple of weeks, but I caution folks to not count out UConn. They’re on him hard. Interested to see if the Duke visit can change anything, but UConn has the second most buzz this minute on my end of things.

Caleb Wilson: More of the same here. Think Kentucky is in a good spot currently but can see things moving and shaking over time. Wouldn’t trade spots with anyone if I was the Cats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.