ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit from the past

BigBlueRick

Freshman
Jan 3, 2017
Those of you who kept up with recruiting in 2018 remember the RB Tavion Thomas from Dunbar Ohio. He was a guy I wanted bc of his size (6’2, 225), but he ended up going to Cincinnati. Odd decision for a 4* RB. Well, he just announced on Twitter that he’ll be transferring to Independence CC. Just goes to show you that some recruits aren’t as important as they seem. Some who seem likely sure-fire takes aren’t mature enough to be UK material either.

Those of you who kept up with recruiting in 2018 remember the RB Tavion Thomas from Dunbar Ohio. He was a guy I wanted bc of his size (6’2, 225), but he ended up going to Cincinnati. Odd decision for a 4* RB. Well, he just announced on Twitter that he’ll be transferring to Independence CC. Just goes to show you that some recruits aren’t as important as they seem. Some who seem likely sure-fire takes aren’t mature enough to be UK material either.

Outside of a handful of elite players every year, recruiting can be quite the crapshoot. A coaching staff and their support staff has to do a ton of work evaluating these guys, and there are always players who will be a calculated risk if you take them.

Outside of a handful of elite players every year, recruiting can be quite the crapshoot. A coaching staff and their support staff has to do a ton of work evaluating these guys, and there are always players who will be a calculated risk if you take them.

Add Jaren Williams to that list. After reading about all of the crap he's doing at Miami, I'm glad he de-committed all of those times.:D

Add Jaren Williams to that list. After reading about all of the crap he's doing at Miami, I'm glad he de-committed all of those times.:D
But would he have done all that in Kentucky? Miami has a history of kids acting crazy, with South Beach and all that.

But would he have done all that in Kentucky? Miami has a history of kids acting crazy, with South Beach and all that.

It has been my experience that kids are going to test the limits of what they can get away with.

If it's allowed (by the people in charge) then they are going to do it.

Much respect for CMS and staff as since arriving they have had few problems that get into the press and media. We know from this past season that they disciplined a player for showing up late to meetings, so kudos to the staff of trying to mold these young folks into good people and for also putting a good product on the field!!!

Ja'Quiz Cross transferred from here to independence CC. Anyone know what he's up to?

Yeah I didn’t want him either. I was done with him after the second time he recommitted... The debacle he pulled last off season made me hope he fails miserably. So glad he finally f****d off.

Reactions: JDHoss
He selected Miami. I’m sure he knew the party atmosphere and chose it.
I'm not saying he didn't. I'm just seeing all these posts about UK dodging a bullet because of what he did in Miami, and merely making the point that just because he's been a punk there doesn't mean he would have been here. Here there is not nearly as much freedom, or things to do to get in trouble. Sure he chose the place he could go be a punk, but just because he has done that in Miami, doesn't mean he could have done that here.

I'm not saying he didn't. I'm just seeing all these posts about UK dodging a bullet because of what he did in Miami, and merely making the point that just because he's been a punk there doesn't mean he would have been here. Here there is not nearly as much freedom, or things to do to get in trouble. Sure he chose the place he could go be a punk, but just because he has done that in Miami, doesn't mean he could have done that here.
Yeah that’s a good point. May be somewhere in the middle.

My older son chose Boy Scouts because of the discipline and low exposure to risk elements.

my younger son chose football because he wanted to be one of the cool kids.

The kid did waffle on his choice, so maybe he saw the value of both.

In the end, as the old dude in Indiana Jones Said, he chose poorly.

Reactions: WyleECoyote
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT