ADVERTISEMENT

Recommendations for golf courses near Jacksonville?

bluerock9221

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2021
Taking my clubs. Not familiar with the local golf. Any info will help. And no, will not be playing at Sawgrass.

A great golf city. TPC Sawgrass, Sawgrass Country Club, Cimarrone, Queens Harbor, Bent Creek, Windsor Parke. Also, some really good golf on Amelia Island. I don't play much golf anymore but played all of these back in the day.

Taking my clubs. Not familiar with the local golf. Any info will help. And no, will not be playing at Sawgrass.
Extend your stay and drive down to Palm Coast. It's not very far. Palm Harbor Golf Club. Exceptional.

There is no golf anywhere like the Stadium Course at Sawgrass, but the Valley Course is beautiful too. Marsh Landing and Queens Harbor are nice. In Jacksonville there is golf all over the place. I second playing on Amelia Island if you can. Golf Club of Amelia Island and Amelia River Club.

A great golf city. TPC Sawgrass, Sawgrass Country Club, Cimarrone, Queens Harbor, Bent Creek, Windsor Parke. Also, some really good golf on Amelia Island. I don't play much golf anymore but played all of these back in the day.
Ditto both. Played Sawgrass in my younger days, Amelia Island is excellent as well. Quit playing last year at 66, lost my distance off tee and I was not enjoying the game as a result.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Cecil Field Golf Club, hands down the cream of the crop in Jacksonville.
Kings Bay has a nice little course. Most of the military bases I’ve played were all nice and well manicured, particularly Langley AFB which had two courses and Fort Eustis. There’s a nice course between Jax and Fernandina Beach but can’t remember the name of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT