Reasons Why People are Done With Cal

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
I’ll start

Kentucky is nothing but a NBA factory for players

Calipari only cares about getting guys to the league

He doesn’t care about winning Championships

He thinks 7 all stars is such a great accomplishment but doesn’t care he’s only won 1 title

He fails at being a good X’s and O’s coach

Fans want someone who cares about winning championships

What else?

His top priority is not winning college basketball and putting the UK program first. And he's said as much.

Those should be the basic requirements and top priorities for our coach. And that is my main reason for wanting him gone. It has been for years.

Look, for a while I was ok with his mantra of making kid’s lives better, etc. I think that is a great thing. In that process, he lost his way and focus on what he’s truly being paid to do. Making lives better, out of poverty, etc. is great and can be your reason for doing what you do. However, your number one job is to do everything in your power to win games at Kentucky. John, you’ve lost sight of the job that allows you to get that end result of making lives better financially.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bIhawk
The Johnson kid from Woodford County said it best. He is interested in Ky primarily because he has been told by the coaching staff that he should only plan on one year at UK before moving on to the NBA (and they will get him ready to take that step) and he made no mention that he grew up rooting for UK and his father was an All SEC football player here .

And that is why we lose players after one year to the developmental league. It is a vicious cycle because in essence they are recruited over anyway with some new 18 yo McDonalds All American.

The strategy followed by recent final four teams is to feature upper classmen many of who are proven at other schools and that they pluck out of the transfer portal. This is clearly the formula for championship teams going forward. Find another Freshman dominated team in the top 25 other than Ky and Duke neither of which will make the final 4 this year. Our Freshman strategy worked ten years ago but the game has changed and become more physical. Bradshaw , Ugo, and Z are not Cousins, Davis, and Towns. Not even close.

And then using this formula are you really replacing Reeves, Reed, Dilly, and DJ with even smaller and weaker players ie Boogie Pfland and Travis Perry. So get smart Cal and bring in 4-6 players from the portal who are grown men and willing to play defense . Stop with the NBA pre-season showcases. Make no promises of playing time to recruited Freshmen and avoid players that tell you up front that they are NBA bound after one year regardless of their draft position. The program needs stability. Then we might have a chance.

I don't know if this is the right word or not, but Kentucky has been used as an NBA surrogate for this guy. While, you will never hear me say the man absolutely cannot coach he isn't good enough for the level he truly wants to be which is the NBA. So he's taken UK's name and ability to draw NBA level talents to UK and then send them to the NBA where he can now claim their successes as part of his own. This gives him claim to having some sort of success related to the NBA.

I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
All I care about is winning. When he was winning all that other stuff didn't matter. Now that he isn't winning I want him gone.

If not for the contract, he would have been fired after st Peter's at latest based on recent results. Thanks Mitch.

I don't know if this is the right word or not, but Kentucky has been used as an NBA surrogate for this guy. While, you will never hear me say the man absolutely cannot coach he isn't good enough for the level he truly wants to be which is the NBA. So he's taken UK's name and able to draw NBA level talents to UK and then send them to the NBA where he can now claim their successes as part of his own. This gives him claim to having some sort of success related to the NBA.

I hope that makes sense.
He was in the NBA proved he could not coach there either.

He was in the NBA proved he could not coach there either.

That's what I mean. He wanted so bad to be there, but once he saw he couldn't hack it he eventually latched on to UK so he'd have a different road to claim NBA success since his one and only stint didn't work out.

Reactions: jwphelps
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD

No title since 2012
No final four since 2015
No elite eight since 2019
No sweet sixteens since 2019
No SEC regular season titles since 2020
No SEC tournament titles since 2018
One tournament win since 2019
Missed the tournament twice (2013, 2021)
The worst season record (9-17) since the 1920s
Lost the most wins record to Kansas
First coach to ever lose thrice in a row at Rupp
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD (Updated)

No title since 2012
No final four since 2015
Longest missed Final Four streak (2016-2014)
Longest streak without a #1 (2016-2024)
The worst season record (9-17) since 1920s
Losses to Robert Morris
Losses to Evansville
Losses to Saint Peter’s
Losses to Virginia Commonwealth
Losses to North Carolina-Wilmington
The Shaedon Sharpe fiasco
Wheeler quitting on his team
Whitney quitting on his team (then transferring)

Last edited:
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD

No title since 2012
No final four since 2015
The worst season record (9-17) since the 1920s
I have a strong feeling you'll be adding to this list next month, hopefully for the last time.

Im starting to think he may be impaired. How do you go from the top of college ball to barely making it in your own conference?

And again, South Carolina has a new coach. It seems like fools gold to think that a new coach can do wonders but heck, why is South Carolina performing so well with a new coach?

-The destruction of UK tradition.
-One and done.

I’ve been done with Cal for years. I don’t remember the last game I watched. My wife works for one of the largest donors and will occasionally get offered excellent seats for free…she won’t take them because of our disgust.

I’ll start watching when we have a coach that understands he coaches for the name on the front of the jersey.

I’ll start

He thinks 7 all stars is such a great accomplishment but doesn’t care he’s only won 1 title

What else?
Knee

Reactions: Ukheadhunter
I don't know if this is the right word or not, but Kentucky has been used as an NBA surrogate for this guy. While, you will never hear me say the man absolutely cannot coach he isn't good enough for the level he truly wants to be which is the NBA. So he's taken UK's name and ability to draw NBA level talents to UK and then send them to the NBA where he can now claim their successes as part of his own. This gives him claim to having some sort of success related to the NBA.

I hope that makes sense.
Bingo. I've said it before, Cal is just using UK to convince himself that he was never not good enough for the NBA. He's obsessed with the NBA just like some of his worshippers who constantly bring NBA stats into the forum.

I’ll start

What else?
If hot air and bloviating could win games, Cal would never lose. His talk was cute and motivating at first but now I just tune him out. I don’t waste my time listening to his call-in show or post game press conferences anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT