ADVERTISEMENT

Reality About Georgia

TTU/UK fan

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2011
I'm as mad about our performance as anyone. The mistakes and lack of effort at time were demoralizing. But I think the other reality to this is that Georgia is back in form now.

Last year after their romping of Oregon, they struggled with Missouri and Kent State in back to back weeks and the rumblings were about how Georgia isn't what they were in 2021. Same thing this year, except we were their breakout game to prove everyone wrong. This was essentially Georgia's biggest home game of the year and they played like it. They were fresh off a struggling win and we were their moment to prove everyone wrong; they did.

The info coming into the game was how Georgia struggled to stop the run and that was just simply misleading. Their struggle had come with stopping the QB run. Not Running Backs. Auburn QBs had put up 140 on 8 ypc, while Jarquez Hunter put up 64 on 3 ypc. And Georgia's problem on offense wasn't that they couldn't make plays, it was that they couldn't finish drives and made mistakes. We saw what Georgia was capable of this past weekend and the Georgia that I think we will see a lot the rest of the season.

We had no business getting beat as badly as we did. A lot of that was a mix of being undisciplined, mistakes, and sheer stupidity at times. But that Georgia team, on paper, should be about 2 TDs+ better than us. Add another TD or 2 while being under the lights at home.

Many don't follow CFB too closely but Georgia received Mississippi State's leading receiver and Missouri's leading receiver through the portal, while returning their top 2 receiving leaders. In total, they have on that team an 846yd, 626yd, 942yd, and a 762yd receiver from last season on that team. With a total of 26 TDs last year between those 4. That's insane. Basically 4 of the top returning receivers in the SEC. McConkey is just now starting to get healthy too and its been clear that it has taken Rara Thomas and Lovitt time to adjust. But as you can see on that insane TD catch, guys like Thomas are turning into studs.

This isn't excusing our horrible performance. It was bad. But I don't think it really hints at things to come. Thats the best team we will face all year and we shot ourselves in the foot as much as we possibly could and bad things happened.

And im sure the topic of "well we played them close last year" will come up, but comparing the games is just wrong. This was vs a ranked UK, at home under the lights in likely the biggest home game of the year (rank-wise) after people have been doubting them. UK game was a road game where UGA was pretty much on cruise control and just trying to get to the SEC championship game. They weren't motivated to put it to an unranked, struggling UK.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News