ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic 2025 Recruiting Class?

Feb 28, 2024
So what does a realistic recruiting class look like for Pope in 2025? It seems like we have a really good shot at 5-6 high level recruits. Thoughts?

I think we try to sign 4 from the list below and fill out the remainder of the roster from the portal to incorporate more experience and depth.
-Moreno ✔
-Johnson
-Yessoufou
-Riebe
-Mullins
-Wilson
-Ament
-Peterson

Last edited:
It seems obvious based on the players we are recruiting that the goal is to take one blue chipper for each position. Don’t get me wrong, they won’t all start.

Beyond that, I expect to add 2 or 3 more freshmen as longer term pieces. Pope will try to build roster depth in this way, have guys who know the system and culture. The portal will be used to replace unexpected departures.

I think we could sign six in the ‘25 class, just because it seems like a really deep class. I’d say we get 4 minimum. So I’m splitting the difference and saying we get five.

Moreno
Johnson
3/4-star player
3/4-star player
3/4-star player

Return

Oweh
Garrison
Chandler
Perry
Noah

Add three impact veteran portal players

PG
Stretch 4
PF/C

PG Portal/Perry
SG Johnson/Chandler/Recruit
SF Oweh/Noah/Recruit
PF Portal/Portal/Recruit
C Garrison/Moreno

If some guys leave, fill in the blanks with portal guys.

Reactions: chroix
I think we try to sign 4 from the list below and fill out the remainder of the roster from the portal to incorporate more experience and depth.
-Moreno ✔
-Johnson
-Yessoufou
-Riebe
-Mullins
-Wilson
-Ament
-Peterson

Based on what I know of the abilities of each of those recruits as of today, my choice would be:
Johnson
Mullins
Moreno

and one of the following:
Riebe OR Ament OR Yessoufou

UK's 2025 class could verry well end up being Moreno, Johnson, Yessoufou and Mullins. Jasper seems to be a done deal and UK verry well could be leader for both Yessoufou and Mullins. After that then the staff can decide if they want to continue to pursue Riebe. Also have room for someone you can't say no to like Caleb Wilson. If we get that first 4 I listed that's one hell of a class. Add someone like Wilson or Ament and it's a monster.

IF we end up with that class then AB3 and Jason Hart need to get immediate raises...point...blank...period.

Last edited:
Reactions: chroix and ukfan041
Ament is visiting Kentucky on Wednesday next week. My guess is he’s the highest priority of anyone Pope is currently recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT