ADVERTISEMENT

RB from Philly

jlkirk

Sophomore
Dec 4, 2005
With Bo Jackson committing to tOSU yesterday, does that put the RB from Philly back into play for UK?

Depends on if he wants to compete for a backup role behind blue chippers at OSU or slightly lower ranked guys at UK. OSU probably can pay more for a backup than we can, so I would expect him to sign with them and possibly wind up here in a few years, if he never cracks the starting lineup.

OSU supposedly leads for a RB ranked higher than Jackson too. Like I said, VM would do well to keep West's contact info close by.

Reactions: JASUN74
With Bo Jackson committing to tOSU yesterday, does that put the RB from Philly back into play for UK?
No. UK's recruitment of West is effectively at an end.

You asked this same question on the recruiting thread. West canceled his visit to UK this weekend and will not reschedule. He will verbal soon to OH St if their offer is still committable. If it isn't, he will schedule other visits.

UK RBs-

Seniors

Trayanum
DSK

Juniors

None

Sophomores

None

Freshmen

Wilcox
Patterson
Mizell

Committed

Davis

As we can see, UK's RB rotation, aside from the two seniors, is entirely composed of freshmen and the incoming Marquise Davis. Davis is elite. His scouting reports are compelling and his film is impressive. Coach Boulware liked West, but we don't really need another RB in our 2025 class. If one of the freshmen distinguishes himself as a future starter next fall, then we might be more or less set for 2025. Either way, Coach Stoops can take another experienced transfer for the 2025 season and combine him with Patterson, Davis, and the others. If we lose an outbound transfer from this group, Stoops might need two inbound transfers. But the number of available 2025 scholarships is finite, and we need WRs and offensive linemen. I doubt Stoops and Boulware will sign another RB in 2025 unless he is exactly the right guy.

Last edited:
No. UK's recruitment of West is effectively at an end.

You asked this same question on the recruiting thread. West canceled his visit to UK this weekend and will not reschedule. He will verbal soon to OH St if their offer is still committable. If it isn't, he will schedule other visits.

UK RBs-

Seniors

Trayanum
DSK

Juniors

None

Sophomores

None

Freshmen

Wilcox
Patterson
Mizell

Committed

Davis

As we can see, UK's RB rotation, aside from the two seniors, is entirely composed of freshmen and the incoming Marquise Davis. Davis is elite. His scouting reports are compelling and his film is impressive. Coach Boulware liked West, but we don't really need another RB in our 2025 class. If one of the freshmen distinguishes himself as a future starter next fall, then we might be more or less set for 2025. Either way, Coach Stoops can take another experienced transfer for the 2025 season and combine him with Patterson, Davis, and the others. If we lose an outbound transfer from this group, Stoops might need two inbound transfers. But the number of available 2025 scholarships is finite, and we need WRs and offensive linemen. I doubt Stoops and Boulware will sign another RB in 2025 unless he is exactly the right guy.

Thanks Rembrandt. Sorry for doubling up...ill try and avoid this in the future

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Thanks Rembrandt. Sorry for doubling up...ill try and avoid this in the future
No worries. Just wanted to be sure you saw the other response too. To bad about West but it is already a fairly deep and talented position for us, especially if Jason Patterson is as good as I think he is. And Davis can be elite. His evaluations are very strong.

Reactions: JASUN74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT