ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Davis had to put himself in the best position so he transferred to Kentucky

s-ram

Senior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Louisville, Kentucky

Ray Davis had to put himself in the best position so he transferred to Kentucky​

By Larry Vaught

Running back Ray Davis had a big impact on Vanderbilt’s win over Kentucky in November when he ran for 129 yards and was one of the SEC’s best running backs. But now he’s at Kentucky even though he says the decision to transfer was not as easy as some may have thought.

“The decision was very, very hard. I cried. Talked to a lot of family members because again, I enjoyed my two years at Vandy,” Davis said. “I enjoyed building those relationships and it was hard to say goodbye to friends. Going back was a possibility,” Davis said.

However, he knew he had to “put myself in the best position” he could to make the NFL and felt playing at Kentucky in 2023 would be much better for him.

“Kentucky is the place to be as you can see, Benny Snell, C-Rod (Chris Rodriguez), Wan’Dale (Robinson), (Josh) Paschal, like there’s countless guys who came from Kentucky and are in the league today,” Davis, a Vanderbilt graduate, said.

“So I knew if that’s my goal, and that’s my dream, then this is where I got to be to achieve that.”.......... https://www.yoursportsedge.com/2023...ferred-to-kentucky/vaughts-views/larryvaught/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News