ADVERTISEMENT

R.J. Davis.

Our blue blood rivals are god-tier level at getting their players to stay. It's pretty remarkable.

In Cals tenure we got.. Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb to stay.. mainly because there wasn't an NBA league to go to due to lockout. That was largely it. Oh and we got Ulis and the twins for a 2nd year.

Actually, of Duke/UNC/Kansas.. which titles and Final 4s did they get WITHOUT a. Forcing a player back or b. Recruiting a player because his sibling went there?

I'm thinking it might be going back as far as UNC '09.

Our blue blood rivals are god-tier level at getting their players to stay. It's pretty remarkable.

In Cals tenure we got.. Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb to stay.. mainly because there wasn't an NBA league to go to due to lockout. That was largely it. Oh and we got Ulis and the twins for a 2nd year.

Actually, of Duke/UNC/Kansas.. which titles and Final 4s did they get WITHOUT a. Forcing a player back or b. Recruiting a player because his sibling went there?

That said, I’ll take their way over Cals way . Just like them I want the players to stay here .

Reactions: Cats192
Vescovi played for UT 13 years.

And i forgot his name, but the little black fella that rides the bench with the big hair, who has ties to Dejuan Wagner....he was with UK since the prohibition. Now he plays for the Hogs.

The main reason guys sign up to play for Cal is because he feeds their delusions. Guys like Goodwin, Livingston, Bradshaw, Matthews, Montgomery, SKJ, etc. - they all thought they were OAD-level players.

Cal never contradicted it. He actually spread the fires of their naivety.

Reactions: Cats192

God-tier? No, it's just Calipari made zero effort to get anyone draftable to come back. He wasn't interested in team-building.

Reactions: TFCats11
I think there is a difference between pushing kids out the door (Cal), and begging kids to return to a game they are already beyond, and risk millions in the NBA (Coach K, Self, etc)

Now, in today's climate, NIL makes it so these players can make good money. But for someone like Perry Ellis, he 100% should have moved on to go make ACTUAL money playing pro basketball, even if it wasn't in the US.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT