ADVERTISEMENT

Quick name a bourbon

Aug 28, 2009
Im at the bar. I’ve been drinking tequila but the bartender poured a couple whiskeys with the big cube ice cubes and I want one. Name a bourbon a normal bar (outside Kentucky) would have.

I will order the first answer they actually have.

Basil Hayden
Really like the Dark Rye basil, the regular is good too. Sazerac Rye if you can find it is another I like. I agree with the poster above too, for the money, it's hard to beat the smoothness of Bulleit. I'm personally not a big fan of the heavy charcoal flavor of Jack and Knob Creek, they go ok with coke but I don't drink high balls very often.

Since you are outside of Kentucky try W.L. Weller, especially if they have some of their 12 year old. 90 proof with a secondary grain of wheat. Weller used to be easy to find in KY but smallish store allocations these days make it tough to find.

Peace

I live in Indiana, and I have encountered this in other states outside Kentucky also. It really irks me when I ask the waitress/waiter/bartender "What kind of Bourbon do you have?" and they reply JD. Tennessee whiskey does not touch my lips. By the way, my go to Bourbon is Woodford.

Reactions: Girthang
I live in Indiana, and I have encountered this in other states outside Kentucky also. It really irks me when I ask the waitress/waiter/bartender "What kind of Bourbon do you have?" and they reply JD. Tennessee whiskey does not touch my lips. By the way, my go to Bourbon is Woodford.
Covid is over - long live this thread. I am currently sampling your recommendations and liking it!

The finish tasted like burnt hair. I found they also own that hideous Bourbon Barrel Ale, so it makes sense. I couldn't give that stuff away, either.

I didnt like the start, the middle, or the finish, it just tasted weird overall. Like somebody was trying to make bourbon, but they had never tasted it before.

That bourbon barrel ale is strange to me. I like one if they're really cold, sometimes two, but after two they taste horrible to me, not sure what the deal is.

I didnt like the start, the middle, or the finish, it just tasted weird overall. Like somebody was trying to make bourbon, but they had never tasted it before.

That bourbon barrel ale is strange to me. I like one if they're really cold, sometimes two, but after two they taste horrible to me, not sure what the deal is.
You're right, the beginning, middle, and end were terrible. The worst bourbon I've ever tried.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT