ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Reds fans

Krazzy

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2013
For all the Reds fans out there. Should the Reds trade Bailey? He will be a free agent next year and it doesn't look like they are going to be able to resign him? If you do we probably won't make playoffs this year. If you don't we will lose him for a comp pick? I say trade him. I don't see a playoff team anyway. Since we are basically giving up this year I would also trade Cueto and Chapman who are under team control for 2 more years and resign Latos. We have a stud pitcher in Stevendon and 2 highly rated outfielder, Winkler and Ervin that should be major league ready by then. With the money we would save and prospects we would receive in these trades we could add whatever pieces we needed to be able to compete for years.

In 2 years our outfield would be Bruce. Hamilton, Winkler and Ervin. Votto at 1st. Phillips 2nd. Cozart at SS move FraIer to the bench as our super sup. he can play multiple positions and add a 3rd baseman. Mes an C. Rotation would be Latos, Stevenson, Cingrini, Leak. Would need to pick up another pitcher. Hopefully one of the prospects we received in these trades would be a 2nd or 3rd pitcher. The only reason I would make these trades is because I don't see how we can resign more than one of our starting pitchers and I think the prospects we could get for Chapman would be worth more than a closer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT