ADVERTISEMENT

Quaintance

Why aren't we hearing about this class going straight over to Arky? I thought all of them, maybe except JQ, would head over

Reactions: BigTyrone
I think going from the BCG era to Calipari era shows that the coach certainly has the highest impact on recruiting. Now with NIL, it is probably NIL, coach, then school in that order

Reactions: BigTyrone
I think going from the BCG era to Calipari era shows that the coach certainly has the highest impact on recruiting. Now with NIL, it is probably NIL, coach, then school in that order
I think it depends on the tier of the recruits. For most Blue Chip recruits, the coach is still the most important factor followed by the school and NIL. Why? Because they likely have one year to develop and win in college. The money is coming. For most other recruits, I’d say NIL and coach are maybe 1a/1b depending on the recruit’s personality with the school being the “x” factor that ultimately sways the final choice. For transfers, I think the above applies, but not as neatly as there aren’t as many transfers who are going to be surefire NBA lotto picks. Transfers may choose based on the opportunity to win or play for another school that’s a better fit with NIL being the “x” factor that says the final choice,

Heard a little info this morning in regards to UL's new coach.. This comes from an assistant up north who I'm friends with. Said he was a great guy but his recruiting and connections are not what they appear. We shall see if he's right or wrong. Will be interesting to see if he lands JQ

Would recommend he have a conversation with the UL football recruits 😆😆. Apparently they weren’t getting NILs being promised.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT