ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue

Mar 2, 2024
First game I’ve tried to watch since UK going down and I’ve never seen a team get a more favorable whistle than Purdue. If you don’t believe me, the proof will be in the FT total at the end.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
That’s fine, I’m all about agreeing to disagree but glance at the FT totals at the end.
Sometimes the more aggressive and better teams get the whistles. I've watched Purdue a few times this year and they really know how to put the other team in mismatches when they're on offense which accounts for the free throws.

Y’all just need to watch for yourselves. If this was Uk, you could say I’m biased because I am. But I don’t have a dog in the fight and it’s plain as day. Edey will shoot 20 FT’s today unless Purdue gets a good size lead.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Y’all just need to watch for yourselves. If this was Uk, you could say I’m biased because I am. But I don’t have a dog in the fight and it’s plain as day. Edey will shoot 20 FT’s today unless Purdue gets a good size lead.

From what I have seen today and a few other times you are soooo right. Purdue just mugged Utah under the basket with the over the backs and no calls.

Reactions: 247CATS
Plus drawing fouls is a skill on offense.
Not fouling is a skill on defense.

This is why looking at FT disparity and trying to conclude anything from that is wrong.
This is the correct answer. Sometimes fans like to point at the free throw difference as an indictment on the refs and - as with Purdue - that's just not the case. Most of their offense comes from inside which draws fouls

Reactions: The_Answer1313
This is the correct answer. Sometimes fans like to point at the free throw difference as an indictment on the refs and - as with Purdue - that's just not the case. Most of their offense comes from inside which draws fouls

Yep. Take a bunch of threes you probably aren't getting to the line as much as a team that's constantly driving the ball into the lane.

I mean FWIW Oscar in 2023 had the 2nd highest Free Throw Rate in conference. He did get to the line. He did get whistles.

The problem was he didn't know how to defend on the other end without fouling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT