ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue fan here

Dec 10, 2006
A couple of things:

1. Sorry to hear about Lorenzen. Always enjoyed watching him play and its sad we lost him so young.

2. Best of luck this year. After Brohm spurned UL, their fans have been obnoxious toward Purdue so as far as that rivalry, give me UK any day of the week.

Thank you for your words of kindness about Jared.

And since UL fans are almost always obnoxious, if I had to choose between Purdue or UL, give me Purdue any day of the week. Good thing it wasn't between you and Northwestern, or Illinois, or ...

Reactions: Deli owl
Cool man- very good of you to stop by with warm wishes. Its fun to hate on UL, they’re so good at bringing it on themselves :joy: :thumbsdown:‘s down!

Thanks Boilerfan. We've got no love for IU so Boiler Up! Really enjoyed watching that ass whipping y'all dropped on Ohio State.

No prob! I was at that game and it was amazing. From Tyler Trent to absolutely destroying them was all unreal. Went from OSU fans being super cocky at the start to oh shit by the time Rondale broke like 4 tackles and scored.

My whole family is IU but I’m proud to be the black sheep.

A couple of things:

1. Sorry to hear about Lorenzen. Always enjoyed watching him play and its sad we lost him so young.

2. Best of luck this year. After Brohm spurned UL, their fans have been obnoxious toward Purdue so as far as that rivalry, give me UK any day of the week.

thanks man

you are getting to see how horrendous UL fans really are
as UK fans we have had to deal with their garbage for a long time, sorry you have to

I'd bet the farm that coward Jody Demling has already banned you from their board of coward , lurker , trolls.

If you don't walk in lockstep with those weasels it's a ban just in case on that site. It's the North Korea of message boards.

Thank you for your words of kindness about Jared.

And since UL fans are almost always obnoxious, if I had to choose between Purdue or UL, give me Purdue any day of the week. Good thing it wasn't between you and Northwestern, or Illinois, or ...
Son-in law graduated from Purdue so i root for them a little...just tell Brohm to stay the hell out of Kentucky recruiting :football::football::joy::joy::boxing::boxing::boxing::chairshot::chairshot::sunglasses::sunglasses::joy:

My former Father-in-law is a Purdue grad (BSEE 1967, married my ex MIL and took his NROTC commission and headed to Vietnam). His daughter and I didn't work out (though we did make it 17 years and two kids) but I still have a good relationship with, and a lot of respect for, him; and for Purdue as a school.

Purdue overpaid for Brohm based on his mediocre record. They will probably regret that. Indiana sucks at football and especially basketball. Zipp sucks and so does Steelers on their crap board.
#iused2be

They did what they had to do to keep him. He brought fans back and brought excitement to the program for the first time since Tiller. Why would they regret that? They have the money.

I am glad that JB snubbed UofL myself. I think it will be easier recruiting against him at Purdue than if he had gone to UL. I expect that after Satterfield fails at UL that JB will take the job next time around though. Satterfield has his job cut out for him digging out of the mess Bobby Neckbrace left behind.

I am glad that JB snubbed UofL myself. I think it will be easier recruiting against him at Purdue than if he had gone to UL. I expect that after Satterfield fails at UL that JB will take the job next time around though. Satterfield has his job cut out for him digging out of the mess Bobby Neckbrace left behind.

My worry isn’t that Brohm goes back to UL but rather that he goes to an ND or some other blue blood. If Satterfield fails, why would JB want to go back to a situation still in disarray? That’s one of the reasons he didn’t do it this time around.

Satterfield will end up being the better hire IMO. He definitely inherited a mess though, but I think he will end up doing really well at Louisville

My worry isn’t that Brohm goes back to UL but rather that he goes to an ND or some other blue blood. If Satterfield fails, why would JB want to go back to a situation still in disarray? That’s one of the reasons he didn’t do it this time around.
I don't think that there is any way that Satterfield can leave the program any worse than he finds it. And yes, he can do well there, but ONLY if they give him enough time to do so. Like we did with MS

Purdue overpaid for Brohm based on his mediocre record. They will probably regret that. Indiana sucks at football and especially basketball. Zipp sucks and so does Steelers on their crap board.
#iused2be
Purdue paid the what the market dictated to keep Brohm. It shows they are serious about football.

Reactions: katwest
They did what they had to do to keep him. He brought fans back and brought excitement to the program for the first time since Tiller. Why would they regret that? They have the money.
They had no choice but to overpay to keep him. Like KY (before Stoops), tough job to get an experienced quality coach to consider. Also, like KY, they have put a lot of money into their program the past few years. I am still suspect on Brohm but also think he is worth the gamble.

They had no choice but to overpay to keep him....I am still suspect on Brohm but also think he is worth the gamble.
That pretty much sums it up - UofL went as high as they could for Brohm and Purdue topped it. His new deal at Purdue is for $36.8M over 7 years, an average of $5.26M/yr. I was a big Brohm fan but you got to draw the line somewhere - especially when you are making multi million dollar buyout payments to the former AD and football coach.

Peace

Reactions: Mayoman
That pretty much sums it up - UofL went as high as they could for Brohm and Purdue topped it. His new deal at Purdue is for $36.8M over 7 years, an average of $5.26M/yr. I was a big Brohm fan but you got to draw the line somewhere - especially when you are making multi million dollar buyout payments to the former AD and football coach.

Peace
Just wanted to tag back in and say other than a few nutballs (every fan base has them) I have heard no complaining about Brohm sticking with PU or Satterfield as “second choice”. FWIW I would love to see PU or IU on UofL’s schedule in years when ND is not.

Peace

Reactions: Kentucky31
A couple of things:

I was disappointed though I believe he has his sights set on bigger jobs than Purdue or UofL (NFL) and will leave the former if/when a HC job is offered.

Last edited:
#iused2be
I was at Purdue during the Alex Agassi (pronounced Alex Agony for those of us who lived through it) years. Tiller was very good for Purdue but Purdue was creating NFL quarterbacks even before then. My theory on this is any quarterback that didn't get flattened by the rush was obviously very good at getting through his progressions quickly. The training they got in four years prepared them well for NFL pass rushes or they disappeared into the grass of Ross-Ade Stadium.

Brohm is way overpaid. Purdue is desperate though. They have been so bad for so long. Stoops is well worth the money. The SEC is the best conference in the country. Purdue is pretty much insignificant. Brohm played them like a fiddle

Brohm is way overpaid. Purdue is desperate though. They have been so bad for so long. Stoops is well worth the money. The SEC is the best conference in the country. Purdue is pretty much insignificant. Brohm played them like a fiddle

4 years is a long time? Lol

I have heard no complaining about Brohm sticking with PU

Other than a “few” nut jobs?

OK, WildCard, but there were more than a few who invaded Purdue’s Board and who ranted about the choice Brohm made. Seems like school even got cancelled from a threat.

I hope you realize those “few” nut jobs are some of the most frequent posters on the Card forum . . . perhaps why we are blessed with your frequent visits, here.

Other than a “few” nut jobs?

OK, WildCard, but there were more than a few who invaded Purdue’s Board and who ranted about the choice Brohm made. Seems like school even got cancelled from a threat.

I hope you realize those “few” nut jobs are some of the most frequent posters on the Card forum . . . perhaps why we are blessed with your frequent visits, here.
I've never visited Purdue's board. "More than a few" is still not many. Even if there were 100 Cardinal posters over there (I'm sure there wasn't), so what? I remember back in 2015 "more than a few" people on this board said Stoops was not the answer. Now?

I'm retired. I've got plenty of time to visit places - electronically or physically. Just visited Emerald Isle, NC with my grandkids. Nice beach. :D

Peace

I'm retired. I've got plenty of time to visit places - electronically or physically. Just visited Emerald Isle, NC with my grandkids. Nice beach. :D

I still work, but I took a leak in Dix River, Wednesday evening!

Just wanted to tag back in and say other than a few nutballs (every fan base has them) I have heard no complaining about Brohm sticking with PU or Satterfield as “second choice”. FWIW I would love to see PU or IU on UofL’s schedule in years when ND is not.

Peace
What does Zipp think about "Vince" hiring Satterfield?

Did you call the EPA?

What does Zipp think about "Vince" hiring Satterfield?
Ummm, quite frankly, IDK. I won't ever try to "speak for Zipp" but I believe he generally thinks Jurich was pretty much a "shoot for the stars" type guy when hiring coaches and "Vince" is not.

But, FWIW, I think the great bulk of the Cardinal fans are pretty happy with the football, men's basketball and softball hires as well as the retention of the women's basketball and baseball coaches. Some changes in other sports that I do not follow.

Peace

Did you call the EPA?

Ummm, quite frankly, IDK. I won't ever try to "speak for Zipp" but I believe he generally thinks Jurich was pretty much a "shoot for the stars" type guy when hiring coaches and "Vince" is not.

But, FWIW, I think the great bulk of the Cardinal fans are pretty happy with the football, men's basketball and softball hires as well as the retention of the women's basketball and baseball coaches. Some changes in other sports that I do not follow.

Peace
Lol, you sure are going to lengths to cover what Zipp thinks about "Vince". You don't have to be Zipp to know he hates everything "Vince" You did a good job being pc

Yeah, got to do something with that beer since they haven't learned to recycle it yet.

But do any of our fans live in a town that uses that water?

A couple of things:

I appreciate the sentiments about Jared. He was a great QB and even a greater person.

I am a UK grad (78) living in Indianapolis. When I was at UK, the unnamed school in Bloomington was our big rival, which is also your rival, so I figure the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Also, since I am a UK engineer, I respect Purdue as top notch engineering school. By the way, UK's engineering school ranks way higher that UL's, and the school in Bloomington is the only school in the Big 10 that doesn't have an engineering school.

Zipp is a complete moron. He definitely has let the whole Vince hiring get the best of him. I still think Purdue football will be bad. They have peaked. Them and Indiana deserve each other. Kentucky would own Purdue in football and beat em like a dog in Basketball. Oh and that Steelers guy is a big man baby too!

I’ve got a cousin that played for Purdue in the 70s and a lot of my family are huge Boilermaker fans because of that. I always pull for them in the Big 10.

Zipp is a complete moron. He definitely has let the whole Vince hiring get the best of him. I still think Purdue football will be bad. They have peaked. Them and Indiana deserve each other. Kentucky would own Purdue in football and beat em like a dog in Basketball. Oh and that Steelers guy is a big man baby too!

How has Purdue peaked in football? That makes zero sense.

I appreciate the sentiments about Jared. He was a great QB and even a greater person.

I am a UK grad (78) living in Indianapolis. When I was at UK, the unnamed school in Bloomington was our big rival, which is also your rival, so I figure the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Also, since I am a UK engineer, I respect Purdue as top notch engineering school. By the way, UK's engineering school ranks way higher that UL's, and the school in Bloomington is the only school in the Big 10 that doesn't have an engineering school.

UL is a community college at best lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT