ADVERTISEMENT

Pulaski county kid dies from football hit. ( Delete and add to other thread)

Bluegrass79

Senior
Mar 4, 2008
Y'all heard about this?
I didn't see a thread.

I was a Pulaski County Maroon for one year. Hate to hear this for real for real. Front page ESPN stories.

Rare to die from a football hit or all the football players would be dead. Wish he had made it through.
Sorry to his parents

You got to wonder if they're going to sue the hell out of Pulaski County.

I drowned at a YMCA when I was in third grade. My mom refused to sue them on the grounds that its a Christian organization. Or I would have been paid in the shade my whole life

Alan Dodson told the Lexington Herald-Leader that his son was running the ball during his team's spring game when he was tackled by a teammate.

"It was not a violent hit or helmet-to-helmet. It was a simple, clean tackle," Alan Dodson said. "His head hit the turf, and Andrew suffered blunt-force trauma to the brain."
What grounds would they have to sue? Not that you need much these days

Y'all heard about this?
I didn't see a thread.

I was a Pulaski County Maroon for one year. Hate to hear this for real for real. Front page ESPN stories.

Rare to die from a football hit or all the football players would be dead. Wish he had made it through.
Sorry to his parents

You got to wonder if they're going to sue the hell out of Pulaski County.

I drowned at a YMCA when I was in third grade. My mom refused to sue them on the grounds that its a Christian organization. Or I would have been

i hate the this for the family, but what grounds are there to sue the school? The only thing I can think of is the school was using un approved helmets or helmets that had its certification expire. Its been awhile but best i can remember a new helmet has a certification of 7-10 years. Build date is stamped in helmet. When it expires either make lamps out them or send them to manufactory to get reconditioned for about half the price of a new on. At least that was the process 20 years ago.
paid in the shade my whole life

Alan Dodson told the Lexington Herald-Leader that his son was running the ball during his team's spring game when he was tackled by a teammate.

"It was not a violent hit or helmet-to-helmet. It was a simple, clean tackle," Alan Dodson said. "His head hit the turf, and Andrew suffered blunt-force trauma to the brain."
What grounds would they have to sue? Not that you need much these days
Yeah if you can sue for that football will be no more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT