ADVERTISEMENT

Proof

Cobb4uk

Junior
Gold Member
May 18, 2019
Benton, ky
that defense really matters. Look only at last night's loss. When you have little boys playing college basketball, who have never played defense prior for long periods of time, against upperclassmen you get beat.

Most of these young kids are soft and when the going get rough they start looking for someone else to take charge. A few years after they go pro they've learned how to play like a man, get tough or go home. This absolutely has to be the softest bunch that I can ever remember at UK. Lastly, these young players don't seem to understand the name on their jersey, like they used to.

Some of this is veteran teams versus our young guys, even moreso with the covid extra year guys. Our guys need to grow up quick and comprehend defense is just as important as offense.

that defense really matters. Look only at last night's loss. When you have little boys playing college basketball, who have never played defense prior for long periods of time, against upperclassmen you get beat.

Most of these young kids are soft and when the going get rough they start looking for someone else to take charge. A few years after they go pro they've learned how to play like a man, get tough or go home. This absolutely has to be the softest bunch that I can ever remember at UK. Lastly, these young players don't seem to understand the name on their jersey, like they used to.
It's not the players. It's the coach.

Reactions: NociHTTP
There is not going to be much change in our defense until cal decides to stop being a one trick pony. He makes our team to easy for opposing coaches to prepare for. We don’t have to play 6 different defensive sets an equal amount of time but we have to give the opponent an occasional look at something different to at least make them adjust. Would be amazed how switching to a zone for 3 straight possessions then going back to man with a trapping component mixed in would keep the other team off balance. Doesn’t mean we get a stop every single time but my goodness. At one time last night it felt as if Florida scored on twenty straight possessions. For the love of God, try something different.

You can think the NIL for this.

We need Michael Kidd Gilchrist. That's a frosh that knew the importance of hustle, defense, and leadership.

Some people just don't react or think very clearly when under stressful situatons. They make bad decisions and have that lost look in their eyes, they don't exude confIndence in their look and actions which spills over to the people around them. I see that in Cal when in theses the situations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT