ADVERTISEMENT

Proof Cal doesn’t need upgraded facilities

Look, I think Cal the in-game coach is typically Kentucky's weak link, but Cal doing the other stuff is usually pretty darn good. I wouldn't trust his judgment on green lighting Justin Edwards to chuck 3s, but if Cal says Kentucky needs to upgrade facilities to market the program, I tend to believe him. I don't think it's an excuse, but probably the reality.

Look, I think Cal the in-game coach is typically Kentucky's weak link, but Cal doing the other stuff is usually pretty darn good. I wouldn't trust his judgment on green lighting Justin Edwards to chuck 3s, but if Cal says Kentucky needs to upgrade facilities to market the program, I tend to believe him. I don't think it's an excuse, but probably the reality.

I agree with you that it’s the reality. However, much like Stoops’ comments about NIL, there’s a time and place for it. And it ain’t when you’re mired in one of the most unproductive stretches in program history. THAT is what makes it come off as an excuse, and you can be damn sure Cal’s gonna use it as one.

I agree with you that it’s the reality. However, much like Stoops’ comments about NIL, there’s a time and place for it. And it ain’t when you’re mired in one of the most unproductive stretches in program history. THAT is what makes it come off as an excuse, and you can be damn sure Cal’s gonna use it as one.
I absolutely agree with you there. It definitely looked and sounded ridiculous. Made him look whining and petty, no doubt. Poor timing. But Cal's ego makes him tone deaf to a lot.

Reactions: natchezrule
A lot of inconsistency from players and coaching.

At least we are getting to know where our team stands amongst mid-major teams....It's crazy to think that UK will not progress any without changes.

How about winning games to market the program, instead of embarrassing home losses.

Reactions: ukjenning44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT