ADVERTISEMENT

Private Jet from Chicago to Lexington

I know it’s all in good fun, but hope you all realize that coaches don’t go to campuses. It’s done at a neutral site or where the coach is. Many of these coaches never even see campus in person before accepting a job. Kenny Brooks in the women’s side didn’t see the facilities here until after he took the job.

That plane has been all over the place recently. Maybe we move on to real estate and see if anyone is looking for a horse farm.

That doesn't mean much.

Sometimes these go as simple as having a company that you use to book private travel, saying "I need a plane ASAP from Chicago to Lexington", and they say "Oh perfect, one flew in from Vermont this morning and doesn't need to be anywhere until next week, cost is $60K for the day, want me to book it?"

That's no problem.

Could VERY easily meet in the AM, be back in the air by noon, and EASILY be at the arena by 5:00/5:30PM for a 7PM game. That is simple.
This. Bulls tip at 7. It’s not Billy D.
See Above ^^ That is so much time.

NBA is not like college. They don't do shootarounds or walk thru typically. They show up a couple of hours before the game.

Not saying it's him- it's probably not, but this is a 5AM flight- that is PLENTY of time to be back before getting to the arena by 5PM.

See Above ^^ That is so much time.

NBA is not like college. They don't do shootarounds or walk thru typically. They show up a couple of hours before the game.

Not saying it's him- it's probably not, but this is a 5AM flight- that is PLENTY of time to be back before getting to the arena by 5PM.
Just don’t get your hopes up man. We’re getting stuck with Drew.

I just don't get the move grom his angle. Making $6mil a year, to coach on the highest level, to never have to worry about recruiting, never really be the guy in the spotlight as an NBA coach. He just signed a contract extension a year or two ago.

On the other hand, the Bulls are kind of in no man's land. And the NBA owners don't put up with that for long. Billy D could see his future with Chicago ultimately coming to an end when that contract is up (or sooner) if he can get this team to even be somewhat of a threat in the playoffs.

I'm all for the move. I guess I'd just be surprised.

sad will ferrell GIF

• Haha
Reactions: jmw23712
Why would Donovan do by plane what he could do by phone and agent, especially considering he has a game against the Knicks tomorrow night?

Reactions: TM2013
I'm sure if Kentucky is talking to Donovon they would be using these devices called phones.

I just don't get the move grom his angle. Making $6mil a year, to coach on the highest level, to never have to worry about recruiting, never really be the guy in the spotlight as an NBA coach. He just signed a contract extension a year or two ago.

On the other hand, the Bulls are kind of in no man's land. And the NBA owners don't put up with that for long. Billy D could see his future with Chicago ultimately coming to an end when that contract is up (or sooner) if he can get this team to even be somewhat of a threat in the playoffs.

I'm all for the move. I guess I'd just be surprised.

This is a private insiders account so I can't link directly but they are typically very in-the-know because they are former D-1 coaches.
https://twitter.com/CoachingChanges
Coaching Changes

@CoachingChanges

After asking NBA insiders all day if they think Billy D will return to Chicago next season, the majority believe that he will NOT be retained by the Bulls.However, it is about a 2/3 to 1/3 split and no one on either side of the question claims to be certain.

8:23 PM · Apr 8, 2024

I guess what this is implying is that the choice may not be up to Billy D on whether or not to stay in Chicago. There's a real chance they just move on and go in a different direction since they seem somewhat lost at the moment as a franchise (Not Billy D's fault, but a fresh start)

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Yeah this is us going to him kinda thing. No reason for him to come to Lexington Billy has a job for another month maybe and we can't really wait that long. It's Scott guys and it will be announced Friday after Cal officially leaves.

Actually, see if you can find other private Jets from Chicago to UK in the last few weeks. See if there's a trend. If there's not many regular flights happening, then that might tell us a little more. If there's a dozen of these flights a day, then it won't tell us much.

Didn't someone say there was a private jet that went from Lexington to Phoenix today on KSR this morning?

Yes they can. Thanks for the update.

You’re still not getting the point.
The point being that flying in and having a conversation tonight doesn’t leave enough time for him to fly back to Chicago (like 1 hour flight? Gaining an hour) in time for an 8 pm game tomorrow?

What am I missing?

I'm having fun with this board a lot lately. Grasping at anything, even something like a private jet heading somewhere. It's good fun figuring out the mystery of our next coach.
Clearly you weren't around for Donovan's first purchase of horse farms in Lexington or days of people staring at a livestream of a door waiting for Cal.

This is definitely one of the reasons I LOVE❤🥰 this board!!!! Now this is fun when everyone is playing detective. Nobody is getting mad and/or name calling but just plain fun. And some of these posts are hilarious!🤣🤣🤣 Keep up the great detective work!! I was laughing so hard that my dog came to check on me🤪😉😄!!

This is a private insiders account so I can't link directly but they are typically very in-the-know because they are former D-1 coaches.
https://twitter.com/CoachingChanges
Coaching Changes

@CoachingChanges

After asking NBA insiders all day if they think Billy D will return to Chicago next season, the majority believe that he will NOT be retained by the Bulls.However, it is about a 2/3 to 1/3 split and no one on either side of the question claims to be certain.

8:23 PM · Apr 8, 2024

I guess what this is implying is that the choice may not be up to Billy D on whether or not to stay in Chicago. There's a real chance they just move on and go in a different direction since they seem somewhat lost at the moment as a franchise (Not Billy D's fault, but a fresh start)
T2eC16dHJIQFHHTr_cLEBR_G_RGMgQ_60_1.jpeg

BillyD contract ends in ‘24, at 6M per.

The time is right for him to make this move.

This has always been MItch’s top choice. No one can doubt that.

Reactions: jmw23712
Yeah this is us going to him kinda thing. No reason for him to come to Lexington Billy has a job for another month maybe and we can't really wait that long. It's Scott guys and it will be announced Friday after Cal officially leaves.
It took awhile to bring in Pitino also.
The best guy for this job is worth the wait if Mitch goes this route.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Could be, absolutely.

But how many private flights are there from Chicago to Lexington every day/week/month/year?

Doesn't happen hardly ever I would imagine, and the timing on this seems...interesting.

But Keeneland is running, so probably happens a bit more...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT