ADVERTISEMENT

Press conference scheduled tomorrow?…

He beat us in cals good seasons.
Not in 2012 I was there in ATL when we blew them out. The other time we were on the road and the woman's game went OTs I don't remember how many and our guys were sitting in the tunnel forever. So the only other win was against our NIT team. Not exactly beating up on Cals best. 1 win besides the NIT team and like I said our tip as a road team was crazy late.

Not in 2012 I was there in ATL when we blew them out. The other time we were on the road and the woman's game went OTs I don't remember how many and our guys were sitting in the tunnel forever. So the only other win was against our NIT team. Not exactly beating up on Cals best. 1 win besides the NIT team and like I said our tip as a road team was crazy late.
What does crazy late have to do with anything? Both teams went through it. 2013 team was pretty good with Nerlens.

He's 128-35 in the last 5 years, which is a winning % of .785
That's much more UK-like.

When he started at Baylor in 2003, he was basically trying to dig them out of a hole, so they had several losing seasons back then.

In that same stretch, last 5 seasons, UK was 105-52 .668
Glad you posted this. He was like my fifth choice, but anybody that watches the game knows he’s been pretty dang solid the last few years and will give us every chance to get back on track here. He’ll be locked in and is ready.

He has won 64 % of his games. Wow!
70% if you toss out his first 4 years at Baylor where he was having to dig them out of being an absolute horrible program.
No different than a Pitino fan tossing out the 14-14 season at UK while on probation with scraps for players.

Reactions: KFuqua
Baylor was on probation his first 2-3 years. Major probation. One player killed another player. It was rock bottom as you can get. Coukd only have 7 scholarship players. It was a complete shipwreck of a program.

Probation was 2 to 3 years but the scholarship restrictions lasted almost 10 years from what I read. He still overcame all of that to build up Baylor to what it is today in one of the toughest conferences. Impressive stuff

Sure they beat our NIT team, the year before we trounced them in the E8.
They still have a winning record against Cal and Kentucky. Cherry pick it anyway you want but that should have never happened with Cal as the coach and the resources Kentucky provides. Like it or not Cal was responsible for that NIT Team not Drew.

My biggest concern is the lack of tournament success for Drew/Baylor after winning the championship. In other words, winning the NCAA tournament, I would anticipate some additional tournament-success in the following years. After his NCAA win, Baylor's been knocked out of the tournament in the round of 32 for the past 3-4 years. Would BBN be content with 3-4 years of going home early right after winning a Championship?

Probation was 2 to 3 years but the scholarship restrictions lasted almost 10 years from what I read. He still overcame all of that to build up Baylor to what it is today in one of the toughest conferences. Impressive stuff
I think you're right. I think his first 7 years were very limited in what he could do. Limited schollies.

I don't think a lot of our fans do not realize this and there was no transfer portal to work with. He literally built that program up from nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT