ADVERTISEMENT

President Carter in Hospice

Good that you know the details of his condition over this last period. I haven't followed it. Thanks. Seems to be resting comfortably in that picture to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
Btw... Jimmy Carter apparently already voted for Biden. Which again, shows why absentee voting / mail in voting is a joke. There is no f'ing way he's mentally competent enough to vote at this point. Yet, since it's not longer a requirement for you to show up and vote on your own, he gets to influence the vote in a crucial state. Complete BS.

What do you mean by he voted for Biden already?

Who else do you want to exclude because they can’t get to the voting booth?

What do you mean by he voted for Biden already?

Who else do you want to exclude because they can’t get to the voting booth?
I meant Kamala.

To your second question: US Citizens of sound mind should be the ones voting. Jimmy Carter doesn't even wake up most days, and probably doesn't know where he is / who he is when he does wake up. That means somebody else is voting on his behalf. This, to me, should be illegal.

Reactions: 80 Proof
At the time I believe the report was corrected to say that he's receiving some care and equipment that Hospice can provide but it wasn't like the end was near. But who knows, maybe things weren't looking good for a while and someone jumped the gun.

Regardless, I always get a kick out of Wayne's posts. Guy doesn't want a 100 year old voting but somehow got confused and still thought Biden was running.

Btw... Jimmy Carter apparently already voted for Biden. Which again, shows why absentee voting / mail in voting is a joke. There is no f'ing way he's mentally competent enough to vote at this point. Yet, since it's not longer a requirement for you to show up and vote on your own, he gets to influence the vote in a crucial state. Complete BS.

There's no reports that speak to his mental capacity that I've seen. There's some conflicting anecdotal stories that say he's having trouble speaking, but that's to be expected at his age.

As far as absentee/mail-in voting, that's been around since the 80s at least and is used by our soldiers and other specific and legit situations (disability, hospitalization, travel, college, etc.). There's absolutely nothing wrong or illegal about it (when used correctly). And to get a ballot you have to register way in advance and show ID/legal documentation and explain why you can't or won't be able to make it to the polls. It's not like you can just get one out of a vending machine.

I used them every year I was in college. I used it one year I knew I had to work and couldn't make it to the polls and back in a reasonable amount of time as I worked out of town and in a different county. My mom did it often as getting her to the polls required assistance with getting dressed, out of bed, and ready. This could often take 2 hours and then she still had to drive to the polls and back, and then have assistance getting back into bed and resettled. But sure, big joke for her to exercise her God given rights.

Last edited:
At the time I believe the report was corrected to say that he's receiving some care and equipment that Hospice can provide but it wasn't like the end was near. But who knows, maybe things weren't looking good for a while and someone jumped the gun.

Regardless, I always get a kick out of Wayne's posts. Guy doesn't want a 100 year old voting but somehow got confused and still thought Biden was running.
Apparently he did receive some treatment right before hospice that actually ended up working, but he's still pretty weak and just old. So, they elected to stay on hospice as he is frail physically.

I mean, he's 100. There's very very few spry centurions. Heck, there's very few centurions period.

I don't want vegetables voting. That's what I don't want. Why? Because that means somebody else is voting on their behalf.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT