ADVERTISEMENT

Poythress and Willis

I never knew Willis had tats!
To be fair you would had to have seen him play once to know that. No reason a non-UK fan would.

906c02a8f685141ac6c2eb77fb1efb80.jpg

Last edited:
Poy one of my favs

Ugh he was one of my LEAST favorites. I don't hate him or anything, he just never rounded that corner, never much of a leader.

I mean in the Ulis year, he was a senior, and we just needed SOME big bodies. And he gave us a paltry 10 and 6, with nearly 4 fouls in just 23 minutes. I know he had some injuries to get through, but he's my pick for most disapointing player .

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Ugh he was one of my LEAST favorites. I don't hate him or anything, he just never rounded that corner, never much of a leader.

I mean in the Ulis year, he was a senior, and we just needed SOME big bodies. And he gave us a paltry 10 and 6, with nearly 4 fouls in just 23 minutes. I know he had some injuries to get through, but he's my pick for most disapointing player .
Injury hurt him.

Injury hurt him.
Well, in fairness, he was considered disappointing even before injuries.

But, in his defense, Cal kinda did Poy dirty by trying to force him to play out of position at the wing for so much of his career. Poy always looked SO much better when he was at the 4 spot, yet Cal still kept trying to jam him into that 3 spot anyways.

I suspect his college career would’ve gone better if he’d been allowed to play his natural position the whole time.

Gimel was also a fav
As was Toomer

But, in his defense, Cal kinda did Poy dirty by trying to force him to play out of position at the wing for so much of his career. Poy always looked SO much better when he was at the 4 spot, yet Cal still kept trying to jam him into that 3 spot anyways.

I suspect his college career would’ve gone better if he’d been allowed to play his natural position the whole time.
I’m sure Poy wanted to play the 3 though. Seems like kids these days always want to play a position smaller than what their body is suited for.

I’m sure Poy wanted to play the 3 though. Seems like kids these days always want to play a position smaller than what their body is suited for.
I'm generally in the Cal defender side of things, but that would be the job of a coach. To play a kid where he will be best suited even if that isn't what he wants. Kind of like a parent doing what is best for a kid even if they want to stay up and eat ice cream all night.

Reactions: UK90 and yoshukai
I'm generally in the Cal defender side of things, but that would be the job of a coach. To play a kid where he will be best suited even if that isn't what he wants. Kind of like a parent doing what is best for a kid even if they want to stay up and eat ice cream all night.
Ironically, I usually blame Cal for most everything. lol. Of course I agree with what you said.

The Duke game was the only game early in his career that he ever played 100% like I expected him to play. High flying rebounds. Multiple dunks on people. A beautiful 3. A 12 foot jumper in the lane. Etc etc. Every game from there on out you'd only ever get glimpses. Today he'd be a pure 4 instead of forcing him to be a big 3 which was the popular trend 10 years ago.

He's played a lot of guys out of position

Reactions: crestcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT