ADVERTISEMENT

Potential Duke Florida matchup

Agreed. Not enough string size in the middle yet.

Potentially could beat Duke if we shot 50% from 3, but even this team showed it can shoot poorly from distance after going 3-18.

If some of you Gator fans can keep your mouths shut, you'll have 99% of this forum rooting for you. Don't ruin this for the both of us. Don't make us have to think about who we want to win.

Potentially could beat Duke if we shot 50% from 3, but even this team showed it can shoot poorly from distance after going 3-18.
That's the common misconception with this Duke team. If you can beat there guards you can beat them. While Bagley and Carter are both really good players, they will not beat you by themselves. Shut down the driving lanes of Duval and make him take jump shots. Do the exact opposite with Allen, make him drive or take contested shots. Trent Jr., Bagley and Carter will have to play damn near perfect to beat you if you just contain the other 2.

Reactions: rdgtr
- #7 Florida (3-0) vs Stanford (3-2)
- vs #17 Gonzaga (3-0)/Ohio State (4-0)

- vs #1 Duke (5-0) /Portland St (4-0)/Butler (3-1)/Texas (3-0)

Go Gators!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that Florida will play more team ball than they had in their last game.
Against New Hampshire, UF only had 3 total assists compared to their first two games:
26 A (Gardner Webb), & 24 A (UNF).

The Gators will have to beat two quality teams in order to get their shot in the finals.

Florida will have their hands full with Stanford's big men (Travis & Humphrey).
The Cardinals had previously lost to North Carolina (72-96).
Florida's wings and overall depth should be the advantage over Stanford.

Last edited:
My problem with this Gator team is that when an opponent gets back quickly, they still try to force out of control drives or early 3’s.

Wanting to run every time is fine, but if you can’t you have to slow it down and run offense.

Florida will make noise and catch everyone's attention. The real questions will start when March rolls around. Will they handle the pressure?? Do they have the coaching to go to a final four?? We will see in due time..

My problem with this Gator team is that when an opponent gets back quickly, they still try to force out of control drives or early 3’s.

Wanting to run every time is fine, but if you can’t you have to slow it down and run offense.

True.
When they are not scoring in bunches, Florida will need Chiozza to set the pace and run some plays for this team. In the last game, K. Allen seemed to be struggling at point.

Without a true point guard in the game, the Gators seemed to be playing helter skelter/one-on-one basketball and not always taking the best shots (i.e, taking it to the basket or working for a more open shot). Chiozza will be a key player if UF is going to win.

Florida will make noise and catch everyone's attention. The real questions will start when March rolls around. Will they handle the pressure?? Do they have the coaching to go to a final four?? We will see in due time..

This PK80 tournament will be a good simulation of a weekend at the NCAA tournament.
It's also a chance for SEC teams like Arkansas & Florida to pick up some quality, non-conference wins before the SEC season begins.

I’m pretty sure they are free to use any word they’d like. “Lit” seems like a reasonable word choice for this tournament as it will be pretty legit.
Thanks for setting me straight. I thought people were only allowed to post words that I give the green light on...

Meant to bring this up in the last Florida nut-hugging fest, although I didn't want to bump the thread now that it's died out:

But you Gator fans better be careful what you wish for when it comes to Mike White. Calipari probably has 5-6 years max, especially if they change the recruiting rules. At the very least, Cal is on the Back 9, and you know our school is keeping an eye on rising coaches.

If Florida becomes a top5 team this year (like you Gator fans think).. you better believe Mike White will be on the top of UK's list.

I would absolutely take a 45 year old White if his track record holds true.. And there won't be much Florida can do to stop him.

dooks downfall will be depth. Well thats of course if their players were to actually be fouled out of games....

Meant to bring this up in the last Florida nut-hugging fest, although I didn't want to bump the thread now that it's died out:

But you Gator fans better be careful what you wish for when it comes to Mike White. Calipari probably has 5-6 years max, especially if they change the recruiting rules. At the very least, Cal is on the Back 9, and you know our school is keeping an eye on rising coaches.

If Florida becomes a top5 team this year (like you Gator fans think).. you better believe Mike White will be on the top of UK's list.

I would absolutely take a 45 year old White if his track record holds true.. And there won't be much Florida can do to stop him.
So you are saying we should hope he fails?

So you are saying we should hope he fails?

I'm saying if you keep pumping rainbows up his ass, bigger schools, not just Kentucky, will take notice. Apparently Florida is NBA-Level good right now with the next John Wooden.

.. that comes with a price.

I'm saying if you keep pumping rainbows up his ass, bigger schools, not just Kentucky, will take notice. Apparently Florida is NBA-Level good right now with the next John Wooden.

.. that comes with a price.
Lol he's only been here for two years with an NIT run and an Elite 8 run. His recruiting is pretty good, but not great, (yet) and the jury's still out on this year's team. Not sure where you guys are getting that we are NBA level and think White is going to win a bunch of National Championships.

Still, if he does so well at Florida that Kentucky is courting him in a few years then it will have been a very successful run for him, and I'll most certainly be pleased as a Gator fan.

If he leaves for UK then I'll wish him well and thank him for the memories. Seems like we are getting well ahead of ourselves, though.

Maybe talk to your brethren.. They seem to think he's the next big thing.. But not big enough that he'd want to move on from a non-basketball school. Sounds about right.

Deja Vu all over again. Anyone heard from Donovan lately?

Dukes probably the best team in the country right now. Florida is deep and will probably play 10 guys. They'll have to shoot lights out and run run run...Maybe Duke will peter out.

Some on this board seem to think Duke is unbeatable.

Newsflash: They are not. They most likely won’t even be #1 heading into the tournament. Extremely overhyped.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT