ADVERTISEMENT

Posters on the Wall

funKYcat75

All-American
Apr 10, 2008
Free Mash
What are some posters that graced your walls growing up?

94e4e77cd776b10189d402fc9a3f1d83.jpg
170px-Bash_Brothers_poster.jpg
514%2B1FuDkML._AC_.jpg

And of course some random UK basketball program photos. Also a few Atlanta Hawks player photos, signed, for some reason.

Parents wouldn’t allow chicks on the walls. Had to keep them stashed away.

I couldn't find it on the web, but it was from the same game. Man, I loved watching Emmitt run. And yeah, I know he had a great line and all, but go watch some of his highlights. Just a tremendous back.

san-francisco-california-usa-10th-nov-1996-san-francisco-49ers-vs-dallas-cowboys-at-candlestick-park-sunday-november-10-1996-cowboys-beat-49ers-20-17-dallas-cowboys-running-back-emmitt-smith-credit-al-golubzuma-wirealamy-live-news-P9EYMH.jpg

Reactions: JDHoss
I only had two: a poster of Charlton, Dibble, and Myers that my aunt from Cincy got me after the Reds swept the A's and an autographed poster of Woods, Pelphrey, Farmer and Felhaus. I still have the UK poster but the Reds poster's long gone.

All through the 1980s I had about half a dozen The Empire Strikes Back stickers on the wall above my bed, if those count.

Buster-Douglas-and-Mike-Tyson.jpg

The Herald Leader had this shot or very close to it on the sports front page.

Tyson was my favorite fighter at the time. (as I'm sure he was for most)

I cut that out and pinned it on my ceiling, directly above my bed. It was an everyday reminder to never allow myself to become complacent; to remember that even the (seemingly) greatest can fail.

Looking at it now I might think it's an underdog triumph story. But for me, it was and still is a cautionary tale.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_Dee
Every 2000's sterotpical college poster.. you name it, I had it, thinking that's what the chicks wanted to see.

Only one I can remember is this one that I won on some game at a place called Swiss Park that was in Louisville.

n7OZoZv.jpg

Reactions: Canned Heat
What are some posters that graced your walls growing up?

94e4e77cd776b10189d402fc9a3f1d83.jpg
170px-Bash_Brothers_poster.jpg
514%2B1FuDkML._AC_.jpg

And of course some random UK basketball program photos. Also a few Atlanta Hawks player photos, signed, for some reason.

Parents wouldn’t allow chicks on the walls. Had to keep them stashed away.

I have the 44 Magnum framed hanging in my office.

I kept many of my childhood posters and had them framed, including Nasty Boys poster standing over stadium.

I had a lot of Jordan posters, they aren't in the best of shape anymore though.

Dad was in the printing industry so I always had a ton of posters...he'd come home with 5 at a time.

Reactions: funKYcat75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT