ADVERTISEMENT

Post-Game Commentary: Cats vs. Hampton

rbs

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
* May a bit surly tonight. Cats win by 23 but don't play particularly well. My hope is that this is the Cats bad performance for the NCAA tournament and they have gotten that out of the way. And, I still think it is ridiculous that the overall 1 team finishes their game at 12:30 am on a weekday.

* KAT is our go-to player when we need points. By far our best post player.

* Said this a couple of weeks ago, Willie, when he is close to the rim, he has to quit shooting the ball off of his palm Either dunk the ball, or shoot it off your fingers off the board. My goodness he missed a bunch of layups tonight.

* Booker has to get his game going again. I don't know whether he read his press clippings too much, lost his confidence or what ... but we need him to be an offensive threat to open up the inside for our bigs. Tonight, it was clearly messing with his head.

* Andrew and Ulis played okay ... some bad turnovers though. Aaron and Booker didn't do anything. Lyles was okay, Lee had energy, and Dakari struggled.

* Edit here: the Cats looked tight and trying to over-do things at times last night ... they need to relax, play very intense and with an edge, but have some fun and confidence about themselves as well ... BBN seems like it is developing the weight the world on this team, when now is the time to give it all you have and play confidently and see where that gets you.

* On different matters ... ridiculous that LSU loses tonight. Misses their last 12 shots and their last 6 FTs to lose by 1 to NCState, just a terrible finish. Ole Miss didn't show up, and Arkansas barely won against Wofford. ... UNC was fortunate to beat Harvard, Notre Dame was fortunate to win.

* Up Next; Cats vs. Cincy on Sat. Can't believe Purdue let a 7pt lead in the last minute get away. I would have preferred to play Purdue. Cats better come ready to bring it on Saturday because it is going to be a physical full court game against a Bearcat team that seriously wants a piece of the Cats and won't back down for 40 minutes. It's win and move forward, and lose and go home time ... Cats need to seriously get a edge in their game and a chip on their shoulder. Let's hope the Cats get some rest, put this game behind them, and come ready to play in the NCAA tournament on Saturday.
This post was edited on 3/20 7:54 AM by rbs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.