ADVERTISEMENT

Possible new assistant coach

That would be nuts! I read above, VJ signed with Baylor 5 days ago; but dont players ask to be released from those on occasion. Heres to hoping!
If there’s a coaching change they are allowed to. But I think that only applies to head coaches if I’m not mistaken. I think a player can ask out regardless, but are likely to be denied if there isn’t a head coaching change. Pretty sure Baylor will challenge any request.

I definitely like Hart and Brooks, but what is more important … the man or the NIL$$$ ??

I still don't see him bringing any players with him so that rumor was BS I guess.

I definitely like Hart and Brooks, but what is more important … the man or the NIL$$$ ??
My academic advisor in undergrad told me that the two most important choices in my life were going to be who I married and who was going to be my PhD advisor. One is self-explanatory. The other? That's who you're going to spend at least five years of your life working with. "Make that relationship count regardless of how much money and resources they throw at you."

Same thing with a coach, I imagine. If you're miserable and butting heads constantly, then what's the point? Kids can make money, but they won't develop as well and they'll be miserable. Could also affect NBA prospects.

The money is important, but the relationship has to be there as well.

If there’s a coaching change they are allowed to. But I think that only applies to head coaches if I’m not mistaken. I think a player can ask out regardless, but are likely to be denied if there isn’t a head coaching change. Pretty sure Baylor will challenge any request.
This is simply not true. Nolan Hickman was signed to Kentucky and asked out. No program is going to force a kid to be there that doesn’t want to be there

Then couldn't he just enter the everlasting transfer portal? Or does he have to spend 1 year in college first?

VJ Edgecombe.....JaKobe Walter.......Keyonte George and Langston Love (been injury prone) all were Brooks recruits.

Big time addition if he joins the staff. Perfect-he's about same age as Hart (mid 40's) and brings recruiting chops/connections all over the country.
Aweosme! He’s had a lot of seasoning since UK under Billy G too. Guess it was his dad I’ve been told. Ok cool.

Last edited:
Would be awesome to pull this guy away from Baylor (I’ll wait until the ink is dry to celebrate). Would be incredible if he brought 2 Baylor recruits/upperclassmen with him. I think the latter is unlikely but not impossible and probably a higher chance than most think (might be wishful thinking on my part).

I realize it’s not a head coaching change, but if a player wants to leave it’s hard for a coach to justify not allowing it which is why these requests usually go through.

1) you don’t want to signal to future recruits and transfers that you’ll hold them against their will.
2) you don’t want a guy on the team who doesn’t want to be there. He could disrupt team chemistry/morale. Especially if they refuse to play.

I used to think 2 wouldn’t happen and then Sharpe…

Reactions: Fox2monk
If this is the assistant that's supposed to bring 2 recruits with him who are they? I know Edgecombe possibly but who's the other or if not Edgecombe who are the other 2 players?

not all players have entered the portal yet. and is Hart bringing any of his players from his team with him? looks like a few of the players may still be under draft age.

Pope put together a helluva staff. Recruiting was the concern but not anymore.

Also low key cold to cut the legs off the guy who almost took the job you wanted.
Cobra Kai Sweep GIF by IFC

I hope we hear something soon. If Brooks was supposed to get us an answer by last night as Matt Jones said, I feel like we'd know something by the end of the day.

Reactions: BassProCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT