ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Leary news?

I really think playing for Coen, in a an actual Pro system will win the day with Leary. It basically has to, right? I mean, we’re not paying more than Auburn is. Lol

Reactions: RunninRichie
Tomorrow 19th is recruiting dead time. So if you want to commit you got to do it by tomorrow. Or wait. Possibly hurting your chances in this preseason is how are hear it.

I really think playing for Coen, in a an actual Pro system will win the day with Leary. It basically has to, right? I mean, we’re not paying more than Auburn is. Lol
On3 sports lists Leary as 266k value in nil money. What I think will make the deciding factor is the Auburn board has several recruits talking about Freezes commitment to run first and often offense. Leary has one year and he’s not going Auburn to hand ball off. Least I wouldn’t think so ?

Reactions: Soupbean
Tomorrow 19th is recruiting dead time. So if you want to commit you got to do it by tomorrow. Or wait. Possibly hurting your chances in this preseason is how are hear it.
That's not what dead period means, at all. Dead period means no coaches calls/texts, or in person contact or visits.

A HS or portal recruit ain't silenced dude, even the moronic ncaa wouldn't try that. Guys all around the country are gonna be announcing commits all this week, every day.

Dunn, Davis from vandy, and leary would be great additions to next years team
Don't forget CB Hardaway. And maybe most important, LT Cox.

Let me throw out something really crazy....is there any way we could get Leary AND Mertz?

Leary is obviously a one year guy. But Mertz has multiple years of eligibility left. Could we convince Mertz to come in and back-up Leary for a season then be in the catbird seat for the starting job?

You are crazy. Despite the strange hate on this board for Mertz, if UK gets Leary then Mertz will land at a Power 5 school as their 2023 starter. Maybe Florida. UK ain't the only school after Mertz

So, no way we get both

Reactions: UKat1
Let me throw out something really crazy....is there any way we could get Leary AND Mertz?

Leary is obviously a one year guy. But Mertz has multiple years of eligibility left. Could we convince Mertz to come in and back-up Leary for a season then be in the catbird seat for the starting job?
QBs don’t transfer to sit on the bench and that sends the wrong message to our younger guys like they won’t get a fair shake.
If you’re wade and your team brought transfers in for the next 2 years you probably go ahead and say see ya.
Land a 1 year in mertz and assure the young ones they’ll get a fair shot to battle.

Reactions: SECCountry75
That's not what dead period means, at all. Dead period means no coaches calls/texts, or in person contact or visits.

A HS or portal recruit ain't silenced dude, even the moronic ncaa wouldn't try that. Guys all around the country are gonna be announcing commits all this week, every day.

Good point had them penciled in already, i talking about new additions, be interesting to see who they look to round out the portal with

Easily the biggest news of this signing/transfer cycle. May change in a few years if one of these FR turn out to be the next Randall Cobb, but pretty clear in the short run.

And unless something has changed recently, it's really not a dead period per se. the coaches can't initiate contact but the recruit/transfer can contact a coach whenever they want.

QBs don’t transfer to sit on the bench and that sends the wrong message to our younger guys like they won’t get a fair shake.
If you’re wade and your team brought transfers in for the next 2 years you probably go ahead and say see ya.
Land a 1 year in mertz and assure the young ones they’ll get a fair shot to battle.
Thing about Wade, what do we really know about the guy? What kind of arm does he have? Will he make a good pro-style QB or in all reality is he better suited for a position change to WR? I remember the days when we used to do that. Matt Roark, anyone? Also, if he were to transfer out, does his brother follow him? That would be a blow too.

Either Leary or Mertz would address the necessity of snagging a Qback who could be successful working with Coen. Everyone here seems to want Leary, but Mertz has two seasons of eligibility. Either will address the need and give us a starting Qback that can practice with the team in April. The situation to avoid is whiffing and not having a new Qback at all for spring practice.

Auburn think it’s auburn to, I guess we will see

They think every HS kid, every portal kid and every coach can't wait to get to Auburn. Now that everyone pays they are in trouble. There is a reason they have had more sanctions than any other school. You think Louisville has little brother syndrome, it would be tiny brother syndrome in AU's case.

In other qb carousel news, Florida shifting their portal focus to McCall. Seems like Napier wants to do lots of qb run game, so that makes sense.

In other qb carousel news, Florida shifting their portal focus to McCall. Seems like Napier wants to do lots of qb run game, so that makes sense.

Unless things make a big turn around between now and Wed UF fans will be out with pitchforks. A week ago, they were on their last 8 guys and expecting a sweep. 4 days later looking like they are expecting to go 0 for the 8. Now the are scrambling and hoping to score big in the portal.

Personally I like Mertz because he'll most llikely be here a few yrs working with Coen. But I do believe Leary is the better immediate option.

Really wish the DD comments would evaporate. Makes me feel like I’m reading 15 year old comments all the time. I guess I should figure out the ignore button.

I didn't use it for years. Once I did, made this board a whole lot better. All those UT fools that showed up this year got ignored and I didn't have to see their crap every time I logged on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT