ADVERTISEMENT

Portal RB?

UK has some promising young RBs but need experience there. Anybody seeing any portal names UK may be interested in? Would think with producing multiple 1000+ rushers the likely hood would be high.
I was just listening to a podcast with Roush and Luckett (KSR, yea I know) and Luckett said he's not impressed with what he's seen so far in the RB portal. I have to agree so far.

I would think they take one. May not be RB1 but will be good for depth. Somebody with a couple years of eligibility left would be nice.

With McClain in the portal and Davis out, i hope we get to see a taste of what Wilcox can do in the Bowl game. I assume Jefferson and Kemi Sumo Mamajamabombay (i can't even pretend to pronounce or spell his name off the cuff) will get the bulk of the carries, but I hope Wilcox gets a shot.

Reactions: Blouman
There is some talk up here that Miyan Williams who entered the NFL Draft yesterday may pull his name out eventually. He is from a school Winton Woods, which Vince is very familar with. He would immediately go to the top of the list, as he is a tough inside runner who would fir the Chris Rodriquez mold.

There is some talk up here that Miyan Williams who entered the NFL Draft yesterday may pull his name out eventually. He is from a school Winton Woods, which Vince is very familar with. He would immediately go to the top of the list, as he is a tough inside runner who would fir the Chris Rodriquez mold.
if he's healthy and recovered from his injuries, he would be a solid addition, dude is a tank.

Ralek Brown from USC is in the portal as well, and while USC had him at WR he was recruited as a RB.

Rocket Sanders is a tank with a turbine engine! He's basically a fullback with tailback speed and skills. I have no idea if he would be even remotely interested in UK, but damn is he the RB I'd like to see us pick up. I know he was hampered by an injury this season, but the previous season he went for 1.443 yds and 10 TDs, with a 6.5 yard average. This guy is in the same mold as the big, physical, highly talented RBs Alabama always seemed to have during their incredible championship run.

Guy like Rocket doesn't leave Arkansas to go play for a team at the same level. He probably wants a top 10 team, someone challenging for a CFB playoff spot in 24.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT