ADVERTISEMENT

Pope visiting JQ tom

I like that Pope is doing this. A lot of folks have talked about visits every day and maybe a Great Osobor one today but traveling to JQ would put a dent in that possibility.

One it drives up NIL cost elsewhere. Two, Pope will need to show he can pull an elite recruit to be able to get future ones to follow suit.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I like that Pope is doing this. A lot of folks have talked about visits every day and maybe a Great Osobor one today but traveling to JQ would put a dent in that possibility.

One it drives up NIL cost elsewhere. Two, Pope will need to show he can pull an elite recruit to be able to get future ones to follow suit.
He should sell our NBA recruits as much as Cal, they will have the same exposure they did here under him, maybe with more success.

Would you take Osobor over sophomore JQ?
maybe I don't really know how JQ is till I see him play this level. I've seen Osabor I wpuld take the one I know is good over just turned 17 year old JQ that likely at best will be barely better.

I believe 5 star plus means that all the recruiting services have them as a 5 star. That is too differentiate the top top tier guys from the ones who some services have as a 5 star and others as a 4 star so you end up with like 40 guys who are "5 stars"
Recruiting outfits have gotten wayyyyto liberal with stars over the years. Many 5 stars today would have been 3 stars 20 years ago. Why do so many top recruits today have gaping holes in their game? To me if you're 5 stars you're a decent defender and 3 level scorer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT