ADVERTISEMENT

Pope trying to visit McNeely

As always Cal is gonna continue to sell the NBA to these kids even if they are no where ready. The majority of kids that want to play for Cal have no desire whatsoever to even be in college. UCONN has been fine getting a different kind of player. It would be nice if we could follow that model yet still get one or two shiny new objects each year. These players that play for Cal need to look at the last 5-6 years. Not many players are a rotation player on any team, just being bounced around in the gleague or sitting the bench. You have to be exceptional to be that your and become a player that can stick in the league and there aren’t many of those. Duke has one next year with Flagg, not sure there is another one.

Lol too late? Tell that to John Calipari who's getting a visit from this guy.
Our fan base is completely delusional.
We went hired a guy with no recruiting experience at all at the high level in high school or transfer market.
We be fuked against Calipari. He'll eat first and we'll get the leftovers.
Already happening. Mcneely is already set visit in Arkansas and we think we cant get in thinking it's too late LOL...
I think the next week's going to be a real eye-opener to what we've done

What kind of player is McNeely and where is he likely headed? I know he's a 5*, and seems like he's a SF?

If you are a player who wants a lot of PT, a green light to shoot 3's, and to play in a system with lot of screening action, we should currently be an easy sell.

Honestly, I am suprised we haven't heard more about possible players for next year at this point. As of now, it looks like we have Perry, and even he hasn't commented on if he will stay committed.
Probably keeping news like that on the down low until after his presser today. Next couple of weeks should be pretty busy in here.

We went hired a guy with no recruiting experience at all at the high level in high school or transfer market.
Already happening. Mcneely is already set visit in Arkansas and we think we cant get in thinking it's too late LOL...
lol. What has Cal eating first gotten us the last few years. If you prefer a pretty roster, fine go cheer for Arkansas. I’ll prefer the prettier TEAM! Do you like the OAD rosters and completely new team every year? Is that what you prefer?

He hasn’t even been formally introduced as coach 😂. We’ll hear more in the next 2 weeks
This.

Lets have the presser today.

He needs to get at least 1-2 of the staff announced and secured.

Then he isn’t juggling it all alone. Players can start to get a picture of what it will look like. Yes, the HC is the most important but kids and families want to feel connected to the staff as a whole bc they aren’t only working w the HC

Once we get a couple pieces of the staff announced, then you’ll start seeing non BYU names pop up

For someone named killa, you sure are a nervous Nelly. Every one of your posts is "sky is falling" type stuff

I think you're confused. This isn't the Arkansas board. Go find it and GTFO

If he lands his first 5 star Mcdonald's all american as his first player it will shut alot of people up and Jumpstart his abilities as the new general in recruiting circles.

I try to say this and a lot of the younger crowd doesn’t understand it.

All pope has to do is land a player like this and the wheels take off. He just needs 1 and that’s it, similar to Mashburn in the early 90’s.

we’ve got loads and NIL, And the power program to go with it, AND one of the coolest and modernized offensive systems in the country.

This isn’t going to be as hard as some think. And pope isn’t all that unknown. Takes 1 minute to look up his system, the issue is he’s late on getting to them and many have already made up their minds 75%.

our boosters are going to want a ranked squad first year. I think the businesses around Kentucky and the boosters will make sure the money is there to secure some of these guys.

That UK across your chest will get you in living rooms to make your case, but it's still all about relationships and it's probably late in the cycle to do much with this upcoming freshmen class.

Cal had been at KY since they can remember, and Cal sold himself as the millionaire maker as much as he did UK.

Will be a tough transition, but it's what most wanted. Older guys who may stick around. We need to meter expectations going forward for getting super freshmen. Guys like McNeely may be the highest-rated player in some classes going forward.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Get out. Go to the Ark board.

Sounds like you need to join the hogboard and vacate this one. Ccc has done nothing since 2015 when he gave that title away. Glad he's gone and I'm sure he'll have room for you

we’ve got loads and NIL, And the power program to go with it, AND one of the coolest and modernized offensive systems in the country.

This isn’t going to be as hard as some think. And pope isn’t all that unknown. Takes 1 minute to look up his system, the issue is he’s late on getting to them and many have already made up their minds 75%.

our boosters are going to want a ranked squad first year. I think the businesses around Kentucky and the boosters will make sure the money is there to secure some of these guys.
This is where I'm at. It's not like Cal invented sending kids to the nba. Most of the kids Cal recruits are going to the nba regardless of him. Lets be honest.... Most players didn't develop at all under Cal. If... I know... big IF... Pope gets that one guy to come and take a chance and then he puts a couple portal guys in the nba then he's got just as much swag as anyone.

It won't be this year but by year 3 Pope "could" top 5ish recruiting classes. And portal kids are just going to prefer to play in front of 24000 people and on national tv no matter what.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Does anyone have any idea how much longer McNeely will be on UConn's campus? MeManBoy on Twitter seems to think UK has a huge chance with him if he leaves UConn without committing. Have heard that from other Twitter sources too.

Might be something we want to keep an eye on. I've tried checking the timeline online and it's nothing but huskies fans fanboying.

Cal failed at Kentucky over the past few seasons and the entire basketball world knows this. His recruiting prowess is tarnished, he’s older than most coaches and no longer has the Kentucky prestige to help him pull players

I think you dont understand we arent falling for your trolling. We are thrilled as f*** with Williams, Osobor, Saunders and those types. We already have some really damn good players lined up that arent in the portal yet so sit back young buck and watch what college basketball is about instead of Cal's G league set up.

BS

Reactions: track42
Idiot

Reactions: ukfan1622
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT