ADVERTISEMENT

Pope says no to Coach O

Interesting. I have a feeling there’s gonna be a coach or two that Antigua clearly would have been a better choice than so either promises were made or the University as a whole wanted to clean out the whole cupboard.

If I was Antigua and wanted to stay in Lex, I’d take my buyout and go coach a mid major close to Lex or something

If true, does UK fire O and pay the bonus? Doesn't seem like he is leaving until that bonus is paid.

They will probably reach an agreement on a buyout amount.

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
I mean by the head coach resigning doesn’t that include his assistants too? This is just a crazy one too me.

Reactions: chroix
Good call and I would've done the same thing.

There's a whole different mindset now with how to build a team instead of just recruiting the same type of one and done guys over and over again.

If true, does UK fire O and pay the bonus? Doesn't seem like he is leaving until that bonus is paid.

They will probably reach an agreement on a buyout amount.
Is there really no clause that would void the assistants contracts if the head coach leaves? Seems like that should be thought through when making the assistants contracts

I do not agree with this. He's been a coach here for a long time. Recruiting took a upturn when he came back. He knows the landscape of college basketball recruiting as good as anybody yea?
I can't believe the stupidity I've seen from this program over the last 2 weeks. One after the other. One after the other.
We used to always make the best decisions.

it's Orlando antiqua. wake up! It hurts Cow to lose him and it hurts Cow even more to keep Orlando.
ESPN would cover this news. I know them. They would find this interesting. As they should because it's his fault not ours. This is more to our side than his. Keep Orlando it's a good move.

Damn for a minute I thought we made a genius move. He's already lost a 5 star player to ohio st and a 5 star recruiting coach. That says something...

Last edited:
I do not agree with this. He's been a coach here for a long time. Recruiting took a upturn when he came back!!! He knows the landscape of college basketball recruiting as good as anybody..
I can't believe the stupidity I've seen from this program over the last 2 weeks. One after the other. One after the other.
We used to always make the best decisions. 😮‍💨

it's Orlando antiqua!!! wake up! It hurts Cow to lose him and it hurts him even more to keep Orlando.
ESPN would cover this news. I know them. They would find this interesting. As they should because it's his fault not ours. This is more to our side than his. Keep the man it's a good move
You need to make your way off this site. You're not a UK fan. You're a Cal / NBA fan. We needed a culture change from this OAD Primadonna nonsense. OA was a big part of that previous culture.

I do not agree with this. He's been a coach here for a long time. Recruiting took a upturn when he came back!!! He knows the landscape of college basketball recruiting as good as anybody..
We used to always make the best decisions. 😮‍💨

it's Orlando antiqua!!! wake up! It hurts Cow to lose him and it hurts him even more to keep Orlando.
ESPN would cover this news. I know them. They would find this interesting. As they should because it's his fault not ours. This is more to our side than his. Keep the man it's a good move.

Damn for a minute I thought we made a genius move

You ok? Take your Zoloft today?

Reactions: struggler
You need to make your way off this site. You're not a UK fan. You're a Cal / NBA fan. We needed a culture change from this OAD Primadonna nonsense. OA was a big part of that previous culture.
What did his post have to do with defending Cal? I actually agree with him and I think Coach O would have been a good guy to have on staff (may change my answer once we see who we are hiring). Doesn’t feel like a crazy take to me

Goodbye GIF

Reactions: AGEE11
What did his post have to do with defending Cal? I actually agree with him and I think Coach O would have been a good guy to have on staff (may change my answer once we see who we are hiring). Doesn’t feel like a crazy take to me
I agree keeping away from Cal might’ve been a good move. And maybe it lets you keep a guy like JQ.

I also get wanting to flush the entire thing and start fresh.

This is one of those 4th an 1 kinda things. If it works you’re a hero. If it bites you in the ass, you’re an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT