ADVERTISEMENT

Pope is now the 6th highest paid coach in basketball

Mark didn't play Mitch. Mitch is just a fool. I bet that was offered. I bet Pope never asked for more or anything close to that.

I know our natural instinct is to say he played him because we have dealt with Cal all this time but Mark is a decent man.

Exactly. Like, if someone is going to shove a bloated contract in my face for that much money you think I'm going to say "Now wait a minute, I'll sign for 50% less!"? Hell no!

Hes gonna have to put up with alot for that 5 million. He's got that much work to do right now. That 5 million will gone in a month and he will be late for work.

What I read:

It’s a five-year deal worth $5.5 million per season, before incentives, according to CBS Sports’ Matt Norlander.

I wonder what the incentives are and could bring the total to?

Cal had his chance to fix this. He quit. Gave up. We need to give Mark a chance. He deserves that from us.
Hopefully he doesn't read anything on here. Man times have changed. The man hasn't even coached a game here and he's crapped on by some fans. I'm embarrassed by some of the ridiculous stuff I've read. We all need to get behind Mark. It's (apparently) a done deal so no need to keep the whining going. I hope Mark kills it here and makes some of you look like the fools you are. This hire is growing on me by the minute. Take a deep breath folks and give this thing a chance.

Reactions: treyforuk
Hopefully he doesn't read anything on here. Man times have changed. The man hasn't even coached a game here and he's crapped on by some fans. I'm embarrassed by some of the ridiculous stuff I've read. We all need to get behind Mark. It's (apparently) a done deal so no need to keep the whining going. I hope Mark kills it here and makes some of you look like the fools you are. This hire is growing on me by the minute. Take a deep breath folks and give this thing a chance.
People are failing to see this could be a lot of fun. Nobody, certainly nobody here, knows who the next great college coach will be. Maybe it'll be Mark Pope. If his teams play the way he did we'll all be happy...intense, focused, balls to the wall hustle. Offense was #2 3-point O in NCAA. Should keep Sheppard now, hit the portal and take our chances. Can't possibly be worse than the last 5 years. Give the guy a chance.

Reactions: treyforuk
It does make me laugh that Mark played Mitch for the fool he is.
It makes me laugh that that you anybody but Cal goofs are still crying. Ran a coach out and instantly start trashing the new coach before his press conference. You are not a real UK fan, you’re a pathetic angry Karen who cries about everything.

just watch that Cats video a few times that Mark sent in a few years ago

yea, I'm all in now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT