ADVERTISEMENT

Pope is crafty and I think he has this under control

Apr 29, 2024
This is my first post so don't kill me. I really think that Mark Pope has the situation under control. He has some of the best recruiters in the nation working non stop to finish off this team. It would not surprise me if a player committed that was not on anyone's radar. I would bet money that he has more than one contingency plan and has thought through more scenarios than any of us can imagine. Just my two cents. Go Cats!

This is my first post so don't kill me. I really think that Mark Pope has the situation under control. He has some of the best recruiters in the nation working non stop to finish off this team. It would not surprise me if a player committed that was not on anyone's radar. I would bet money that he has more than one contingency plan and has thought through more scenarios than any of us can imagine. Just my two cents. Go Cats!
I think so too. He just seems like a guy that always has a backup plan to his backup plan. I believe he has a trick or two up his sleeve.

It their jobs on the line to get who they want. It will work out in the short and long term. If Robinson is not an option it opens up a lot of situations that only the coaches know about.

Reactions: RedClayStrays
We get another guy the likes of Carr, Robinson, Butler, Brea, Oweh or say jasper for PG / combo guard we are so loaded we might just be a top 2 or 3 team. Right now I think we are a top 7 or 8 team and were top 15 without Robinson.

I think when Mark says he cannot wait to get the guys here, he means it. If I had the options I have at my finger tips, knowing the bench is the biggest motivator, getting 12 guys that seriously all 12 (with that motivation) could play minutes for me...

I would be scheming defenses for personnel, offense for personnel, mixing and matching see who I think fits best.

Then put that info down for the summer. Teach my system, let them come together, let them learn off one another. Then after the summer practices, take all info i had and new info and get my metrics guys to crunch the numbers, come up with my foundation to start the fall practice (midnight madness) groups. Go from there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT