ADVERTISEMENT

Pope currently at G League Elite Camp

Ugo is not even close to elite, he has one skill and may be the worst rebounding big man I’ve ever seen.
Agreed! He goes in all or nothing on the block. A lot of times that risky approach puts him in a horrible position to even be able to get the rebound. Not sure if he wasn't coached or if he's just out there doing his own thing. Regardless, I want the kid to find success and hope he finds that while developing in college.

According to reports (national guys, don’t remember who), Lanier has been less than overwhelming.

I would think this would help our chances. Lanier may be more of a system player and if Pope’s system is geared more like the previous system he was in it could be a huge benefit.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
I trust Pope and staff's eye for talent but of the 4 guys we'd hope to get in that scoring wing spot (Robinson, Wells, Poplar, Lanier) I'd have Lanier 4th

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
I trust Pope and staff's eye for talent but of the 4 guys we'd hope to get in that scoring wing spot (Robinson, Wells, Poplar, Lanier) I'd have Lanier 4th
Little separation in that group they are all extremely close. Wells is probably the 1st just because of what he can become, but Lanier, poplar, & Robinson there is littler separation if any

I've thought about this in relation to Garrison. From the highlights I've seen, it seems he has more offensive skills.
It would be hard not to honestly. Ugo couldn’t even lay a ball up. If he didn’t have a dunk he couldn’t score. I think I watched him make maybe 3 jump hooks his entire career here. The sad thing is he has thought he was a pro since the minute he stepped foot at UK and so did his handlers. Just crazy to me.

Would love to have any of them. for me

1) Wells ....highest ceiling tallest could play some small ball 4 if we can't find someone else

2) Robinson ..good length good shooter and Familiar with Pope's system

3 Tie) Wooga... super streaky but has major conference experience

3 Tie) Lanier... Still a bit unknown with only one good season at low level competition. Probably the best of the four of the bounce.

In these games pretty much everyone is trying to impress and benefit themselves. I'm not discouraged at all regarding the lack of scoring from Lanier. We'll see if pope backs off him after seeing him in person. I hope pope got his wife a nice mother's day present since he was away most of the day. Gotta stay away from wifey doghouse.

Reactions: 9timeChampion
In these games pretty much everyone is trying to impress and benefit themselves. I'm not discouraged at all regarding the lack of scoring from Lanier. We'll see if pope backs off him after seeing him in person. I hope pope got his wife a nice mother's day present since he was away most of the day. Gotta stay away from wifey doghouse.
If he is going to Chicago to watch him then definitely isn’t backing off. He is there to try and lock down the recruitment

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT