ADVERTISEMENT

Poor Hogs

Well, no more poor hogs. It is now official that Brad Calipari, himself, will be officially on the court in the player development role. Wonder how much impact this will have?
Probably less impact than the captain of the 6-10 captain of the 96 untouchables doing it, still remembering and teaching the reflexive twitches of a championship team.

You didn't even offer a "take." You did the equivalent of butting into a conversation you weren't interested in only to tell people their conversation was stupid. If you did that in the real world, you'd be a huge douche. The same concept applies to message boards.
I know nothing about this thread prior to your entry here, Phil, and I don't know what it takes to be "a huge douche", but ... at one time there were some circles in which, if you butted into a conversation to tell people their conversation was stupid, you'd be punched in the mouth followed by a sound ass-kicking.
But maybe those times have passed. :cool:
But ... whatever ... Go 'Cats ! ! !

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Has anyone thought about Cal's ego and his needing to have TOTAL control? Let me explain...

One of the things Cal wanted control over was the NIL $$$. Mitch said no. Arkansas said we'll give you lots of NIL to buy a great team. Now obviously the two biggest are Tyson Chicken man and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
Now I don't know much about Tyson, but Jerry Jones is a MASSIVE CONTROL FREAK!! Now if Jones is going to give a lot of $$$, he is going to want something in return!! Examples could be referring players HE WANTS to Cal and if Cal says no, there could be trouble brewing. Even helping Cal pick staff, telling Cal how to coach. If you don't know much about Jones and the Cowboys, you are probably thinking right now, she is nuts and doesn't know what she's talking about.
I used to love the Cowboys when I was younger. I loved Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, etc. And some of my favorite players were on the Cowboys. When Jerry Jones bought the team, it took a couple of years, but he started to "help coach". He had many arguments with the coaches and he was down on the field trying to be in charge...never up in the owners box. What's so funny is the arguments were televised and the whole world could watch Jones fighting with his coach. He also had players he did and didn't like(favorites like Cal). He would actually tell the coach who he thought should play. Good players would get fired and bad ones stayed on the team.

It became a chaotic mess and they started to become a bad team. Games they should have won...they didn't.

My point to all of this...what is going to happened after the honeymoon period is over and Jones starts to flex him muscles and give Cal his opinions on any and all subjects? Both being control freaks, how long will that last? Things might be good for a year or two, but things will turn sour.

I agree with @Bkocats that Call will do well for the first or even the second season. He has something to prove. But, the wheels WILL come off. Both men can't help themselves.

GO BIG BLUE AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙
You seemed to be concerned about the power struggle at Arkansas. I do not think there will be one. First, Tyson and Jones never said they would double the amount of NIL money offered by UK and other schools. That didn't happen. It would have been a stupid comment to make. I am not a fan of either guy but, they are not stupid. Second, Barnhart was against NIL. Calipari did not want to have to rely on boosters like Joe Craft doling it out, or not doling it out. Especially after a falling out because Cal wouldnt allow players to be used in Joe Crafts wife attempt to be governor. What a joke. That is why he seemingly started his own Nil through former players. Calipari had raised, on paper, enough money to make major improvements in the basketball practice facility. From what I understand, it was still a no go, mostly due to Mitch. There were problems here outside of basketball, having no luck in the NCAA for 4 years. It was past time for UK and Cal to break up and move on. I wish him well at Arkansas. I wish UK very well this season. The really big thing that has been driven home to me is the fact that KSR is now just a local rag of site. Matt Jones and company has not given what I call accurate information and often times supplied total false information. I, like many others, are done with them.

Nah no sympathy for the Hogs. Their fans drank the Cal-ade and are talking mad trash right now.
It's just SO hard to be afraid of the 🐄 after watching the coaching horror show of the last 7 years and understanding all the numerous very serious reasons why it has happened. If you've been a UK fan w an IQ above room temperature you already know how far CCC has fallen.
Honestly that 2012 team could have won a title without a coach on the sidelines slowing them down, and never would have happened without a generational talent like Davis, n there's no Davis for next year.

You seemed to be concerned about the power struggle at Arkansas. I do not think there will be one. First, Tyson and Jones never said they would double the amount of NIL money offered by UK and other schools. That didn't happen. It would have been a stupid comment to make. I am not a fan of either guy but, they are not stupid. Second, Barnhart was against NIL. Calipari did not want to have to rely on boosters like Joe Craft doling it out, or not doling it out. Especially after a falling out because Cal wouldnt allow players to be used in Joe Crafts wife attempt to be governor. What a joke. That is why he seemingly started his own Nil through former players. Calipari had raised, on paper, enough money to make major improvements in the basketball practice facility. From what I understand, it was still a no go, mostly due to Mitch. There were problems here outside of basketball, having no luck in the NCAA for 4 years. It was past time for UK and Cal to break up and move on. I wish him well at Arkansas. I wish UK very well this season. The really big thing that has been driven home to me is the fact that KSR is now just a local rag of site. Matt Jones and company has not given what I call accurate information and often times supplied total false information. I, like many others, are done with them.
I am NOT concerned about the "power struggle" at Arkansas. I just think it will be interesting to see what's going to happen in comparison to what happened to us, Memphis, etc. It's more like ENTERTAINMENT rather than CONCERN.

I hate to tell you but that Craft story isn't true. I've heard several people, including Cal, debunk it. You probably need to go find the Arkansas board. You're already on Cal's nuts.

Reactions: LmdCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT